Pregnant Wedding

Help Support CattleToday:

red angus 2010

Reaction score
Hopefully, this won't get me banned but will most likely show how out of touch some will say I am. My wife is facebook friends with someone I will readily admit I don't like. Occasionally when lazy I will check on our friends by looking at my wife's page. This lady has posted wedding photos of her oldest son's "wedding". Whole nine yards, entire family with grandparents and her husband is holding what looks like a 6 -8, month old grandchild. The bride, of course, is wearing white. I will readily admit much to my shame I could just as easily have been in the same shoes (unplanned pregnancy). Here is what I don't get whatever happened to common sense, they made a mistake, just quietly get married and move on. Instead, we have the whole nine yards full blown wedding and comments about "what a wonderful day it was". Is no one embarrassed anymore today? If it happened to one of my kids I would still love them, encourage them to get married. help them to get started but we wouldn't act like nothing had happened. Does anyone today still care about what their name means in a community? I'm not talking about your nose up in the air pretending to be something you are not but the responsibility to uphold what generations before you have stood for.

I find it a bit tacky but nothing really wrong with it. As long as I am not supporting the child I don;t figure it's any of my business.

red angus 2010":19vqxd82 said:
Hopefully, this won't get me banned but will most likely show how out of touch some will say I am. My wife is facebook friends with someone I will readily admit I don't like. Occasionally when lazy I will check on our friends by looking at my wife's page. This lady has posted wedding photos of her oldest son's "wedding". Whole nine yards, entire family with grandparents and her husband is holding what looks like a 6 -8, month old grandchild. The bride, of course, is wearing white. I will readily admit much to my shame I could just as easily have been in the same shoes (unplanned pregnancy). Here is what I don't get whatever happened to common sense, they made a mistake, just quietly get married and move on. Instead, we have the whole nine yards full blown wedding and comments about "what a wonderful day it was". Is no one embarrassed anymore today? If it happened to one of my kids I would still love them, encourage them to get married. help them to get started but we wouldn't act like nothing had happened. Does anyone today still care about what their name means in a community? I'm not talking about your nose up in the air pretending to be something you are not but the responsibility to uphold what generations before you have stood for.

I to will jump on the soon to be unpopular train with you. I see the same behaviors (and more). It seems that society no longer cares what anybody thinks.

Bigfoot":2lbnqjuk said:
red angus 2010":2lbnqjuk said:

I to will jump on the soon to be unpopular train with you. I see the same behaviors (and more). It seems that society no longer cares what anybody thinks.

Be it wrong or right, things still are about the same but with today's technology you actually see it. The same things were happening 20 yrs ago but they had nowhere to brag about it.

Staying married is tuff and not a party so they might as well party now. We don't live a perfect world, I'm just happy it's one man and one women. I'm old fashioned but stuff happens, and it sure beats abortion. IMO

I see your point. Even worse is both bride and groom at their "second wedding" after both have had failed "first marriages" and she's PG again and still wearing white with an even larger more expensive wedding and reception.

From a personal note , My bride got pregnant we slipped off to the court house took care of things and just had 27yrs last Thursday. I will say I wish we had done a small wedding I get reminded ever so often about that. Women think different than men.

True Grit Farms":2b4hbrg0 said:
Staying married is tuff and not a party so they might as well party now. We don't live a perfect world, I'm just happy it's one man and one women. I'm old fashioned but stuff happens, and it sure beats abortion. IMO

Two very good points.

A large portion of people in my this country would just stay common law, kid or no kid. Fun to watch my neighbor's blood boil when she hears about common laws with kids. Seen the same things happened in family history 100 years ago, just nobody around to give their opinion anymore.

As long as its not pulling $$$ from my family and they are not on the govt dime I am agreement with TGF… There business… There Life…

It's easy to say if it's not costing me anything, it's their business...I don't care.

But the fabric of society is formed by how those in that society respond to situations. If enough people say, it's no skin off my nose, then soon that "action" becomes normal. And normal keeps moving away from responsibility as we use to know it.

Because they're not getting government support or had an abortion is good, but wouldn't it be nice if someone raised up above the crowd and taught some responsibility. Like OK you're in this situation, let's get married and live a life...no reward for bad decisions.

I don't give my dog a treat just after he bit someone!!

Ideally this isn't the way it's supposed to work, but life is like a box of chocolates. In our society freeloaders, deadbeats and system beaters don't get married, there's no government money in having kids when when your married. These folks are trying to the right thing, and I wish them well.

That ship sailed a long time ago lots of women get married with a bun in the oven or loaves on the ground all wearing white. Heck I've seen a couple get married and the bun wasn't even his. They make big fancy wedding dresses for pregnant women so that should tell you something about how common it is. My wife's friend got married the other day she found out she was pregnant the night before lol. I got my suspicions that the guy who she married ain't the daddy. The days of doing a nice quiet JP court house wedding are gone.

our society has abandoned all pretext of proper societal behavior decades ago....
just be glad it is a guy and a gal and they are bothering to marry...
when islam becomes mainstream it may be a guy and his goat....I don't think their women are allowed to marry goats or camels or such....

wacocowboy":kiow4mzb said:
That ship sailed a long time ago lots of women get married with a bun in the oven or loaves on the ground all wearing white. Heck I've seen a couple get married and the bun wasn't even his. They make big fancy wedding dresses for pregnant women so that should tell you something about how common it is. My wife's friend got married the other day she found out she was pregnant the night before lol. I got my suspicions that the guy who she married ain't the daddy. The days of doing a nice quiet JP court house wedding are gone.
My oldest brother, well into his 80s now was born 6 months premature. I have a lovely wedding picture of my parents, her sitting and in white. It ain;t nothing new

dun":3eau0obx said:
wacocowboy":3eau0obx said:
My oldest brother, well into his 80s now was born 6 months premature. I have a lovely wedding picture of my parents, her sitting and in white. It ain;t nothing new

its amazing how advanced premie neonatal care was 80 yrs ago

M-5":2pryzbe7 said:
dun":2pryzbe7 said:
wacocowboy":2pryzbe7 said:

its amazing how advanced premie neonatal care was 80 yrs ago

They didn't need any for me. I was born nine months and one day after the wedding.

Latest posts