Pregnant heifer w/ temp?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl

Reaction score
Heifer due to calve in March, has a temp of 104.7. this evening. She ate her grain, but not a much hay, acting normal, no cough or snots,good manure. The weather has been very cold and windy, warmed up today, 20 degrees. Any suggestions? Thank You

What do her lungs sound like? Is her resperation normal?
Something not right with her...have you bounced the calf, all ok at that end of her?
Just my two bits worth...not much help, I know. Hard to give opinions without listening to the animal. DMc

Heifer's temp this a.m. was 102.2 eating, chewing cud, lungs and resp. good. I realize it is not easy to analyze a problem on here, I am concerned about antibiotics given, being pregnant. If it comes to that. In your experience which meds would be safe? Thank you for your input.

Thought about that (thermometer)used a new one also. Believe me I do keep a close eye on all of them. Thanks

What prompted you to take her temp this morning and then again later in the day if she is not showing any other symptoms?

I am with bward. What posesse's you to take the temp? Buy more cows, have better things to worry about rather than if she ate her grain.

I'd have the same question... if she was acting normal why'd you even take her temp in the first place?

I could say alot of things to answer the last few posts,but I won't. I do know my cattle very well and I am sure you have had that gut feeling, that something is not quite right. That is why I took her temp. Sorry to have intruded in to your space.

Hey gut feeling is a great answer.
I am sure the posters didnt mean any harm. They are all great at giving help and for the most part very kind.
With that said, I believe they were hoping that you had left something out. Some info that would bettter help you with your problem.

Invade my space anytime I rather like it....

MD

Latest posts