Pregnancy Blood Results

Help Support CattleToday:

tsellars

Reaction score
So I pulled blood on Monday, got results Tuesday. Today, one of the "pregnant" ones is standing for other heifers in the field. Assuming I had a false positive?

It's possible. Or she could have aborted. Or she may just have raging hormones. I've had a number of cows that will stand for a steer, heifer or other cow after I've pulled the bulls and they're definitely bred. It happens. Watch her & see if she does it again in 21 days.

I watched this particular heifer get bred on 1/21, then blood tests said positive on Tuesday. @TCRanch would one have enough time to abort and be recycling all in a 35 day window? Have the 21st day from now marked on calendar to be watching her again.

I watched this particular heifer get bred on 1/21, then blood tests said positive on Tuesday. @TCRanch would one have enough time to abort and be recycling all in a 35 day window? Have the 21st day from now marked on calendar to be watching her again.
Mmmm, too soon.

I have a bred heifer I'm watching closely. Turned the bull out 5/23, he was on her 5/25, 6/20 & 7/22. She should be due either 3/3, 3/29 or 4/30 with end of April the most likely scenario. Maybe! She's bagging up.

You can always try another blood test on yours - or just wait & see if she cycles.

Once a bull has "bred", will he continue to breed her? If that makes sense?
Yes, after a rest period of a couple of minutes with a young bull, as soon as his eyes roll back into their sockets, can't get enough of a good thing. They are quick to lose interest as soon as she goes off though.

Ken

So I pulled blood on Monday, got results Tuesday. Today, one of the "pregnant" ones is standing for other heifers in the field. Assuming I had a false positive?
I've had that happen before. She ended giving birth right on time. Like someone noted below, if you see her standing 21 days from now then maybe you could pull blood again ?

Latest posts