• Appaloosa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixed Breed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't Matter As Long as is a "Good Horse"

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
you didn't include the option of "none" or my choice: "4-wheeler"

Bill, I'm not a horse person, but the post didn't say for horse people. I apprenticed as a farrier for a year and a half when I was a young lad. Most the working ranches had Quarter horses and they were the easiest to work compared to the spoiled back yard appaloosa. I have owned both and voted for the Quarter horse. Like Txag, I would take a 4 wheeler any day.

Why did the indians ride Appaloosa's off to war? :idea:

> So they would be fighting mad when they got there. :x

Howdy,
Yeah that is true Appy's tend to have hearing & sight empairments too. :) Mustangs can have bad attitudes. :? I like Quarter Horses, Friesians, & good ol' crossess. :D
I don't want to start another war or nothing, but why do people always put 4-wheelers against horses? :roll:
Well bye,
Ellie May :D

Good & Interesting poll. I'm a big fan of the Quarter Horse and use them regularly in the cow pasture. On the other hand the ATV has become an excellent tool for visiting and making visual observations as well as moving feeders etc. Even in the old days we used trucks to carry feed and so on, it's just that we use ATV's now instead of trucks. Can't we all agree that we are blessed to have both?

my post wasn't meant to start a debate between horses & 4-wheelers but rather to say that some folks (like us) don't use horses at all. we run cows on close to 1000 acres which is not all connected but is all within about ten miles (no highway miles). a 4-wheeler makes much more sense travelling between these places than a horse because of the time factor. what takes a few minutes on a 4-wheeler would take half a day just to get there on a horse.

txag I most definitely had not singled you out. It just seems that there really isn't anything for anyone to argue about. They both have their place. I'm glad we have both.

Yeah I have to agree, both are great. & in this time of day it's good that we have both I prefer horses. But it doesn't mean everyone has too to. Everyone has their own opinion. It's like I like Herefords but not everyone does. Well I don't want to start any arguements so I'll Shut up.
Bye! :D

Ellie May

:cboy:

For work I prefer a mule, a Kawasaki mule to be exact. Otherwise, "shanks mare" works well for me.

dun

Latest posts