Preferred clippers

Help Support CattleToday:

SF

Reaction score
Getting ready to purchase a new set of clippers. Wondering which manf., and model others are using. What has been your experience with them and would you recommend that model.

Thanks for all your input.

I know there has been some discussion in the past on this topic, I've read what some of you have posted. Just desiring to gather a little more info.

Thanks for your help and your opinions.
Greg

SF - I pm you, but for some reason it's sitting in my "outbox". Anyway this is what I said:

We have the older red, sort of square shaped instead of the new oval/round shape. It has both blades, the fine smaller blade (I use to cut hubbies hair & my dog) and the wide sheepshear type blade, which is the one we use extensively for all our blocking. We still use the old Sunbeam flatheads for face & I use it on the tail. And we use the old Sheepmasters for complete body buzzing.
It would take tooooo long to buzz cattle with the Andis, plus it would be a lot of work for them.
Ours are the two speed, which I would recommend. Just make sure you get the wide blocking blade included in the package.
Have a Merry Christmas, Jeanne