Pre-fabbing Steel Corner Posts/Braces

Help Support CattleToday:

Farm Fence Solutions":fdhw6ng9 said:
Brute 23":fdhw6ng9 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":fdhw6ng9 said:
I don't disagree with most of what you've said in your most recent comments, but why fire a shot like that ^^^?
And then wink at me? If your goal is to spread the goodwill, then I'm glad for you. My goals in business are to provide the best product possible at a fair and profitable margin. My personal goals are more charitable, but that's a slippery slope to confuse the two. And why is everybody so against a fencing competition? It's a bit miserable for a couple hours, but quite a lot of fun to visit before and after.

It's true. Guess its my prejudices showing. It's hard to explain all the crazy stuff I have seen so called professionals try to get away with. Fence builders, welders, equipment operators, wor crews, etc... I bet of the ones we have hired 25% are worth they money they get. 50% are just junk and I have no clue how they even stay in business. So when people say I do some thing for a living or Ive been doing it for X amount of years it doesn't carry a lot of weight knowing the stats. It's like when you see some one on here who leads to the idea that they have more head so they are smarter than every one else. We know there is no correlation between the two.

Jibber jabber. What is it about fence builders that gets you so stirred up? :lol2:

1) Short cuts. How many people have had a O&G company come across their land and you look at it 2 or 3 years later and the fences they built look like crap? Posts leaning... loose wires... crooked gates. I see it all the time. I expect those fence builders to build a fence that will most likely out last the land owners. I don't care what the rest of their place looks like... what we touch will be done right. I want a land owner to look back and say that well was a blessing not a curse.

2) Landowners always want to show up and look at the fence, make changes, suggestions, etc. I have zero tolerance for a fence builder, or any one, cocking an attitude with a land owner. If they are being a problem or un-reasonable you call me. That's my job. We try to keep a good working relationship with the land owners... You leave in a couple days. Don't screw it up for us.

3) There are 3 groups I have to watch for that will steal you blind... roustabouts, roughknecks, and fencing crews. Its just a fact.

True Grit Farms wrote:
"The fencing competition can be held on my place. I'll provide the HT."

If I throw in mosquito dope, BBQ and beer AND the HT, can it be on my place?
Just joking...mine's done about as much as I intend to do but I've seen heavy equipment 'contests' when I worked for a Komatsu dealership and they are fun to watch and the crews all seemed to enjoy it.

Brute 23":2vaue7ou said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2vaue7ou said:
Brute 23":2vaue7ou said:
It's true. Guess its my prejudices showing. It's hard to explain all the crazy stuff I have seen so called professionals try to get away with. Fence builders, welders, equipment operators, wor crews, etc... I bet of the ones we have hired 25% are worth they money they get. 50% are just junk and I have no clue how they even stay in business. So when people say I do some thing for a living or Ive been doing it for X amount of years it doesn't carry a lot of weight knowing the stats. It's like when you see some one on here who leads to the idea that they have more head so they are smarter than every one else. We know there is no correlation between the two.

Jibber jabber. What is it about fence builders that gets you so stirred up? :lol2:

1) Short cuts. How many people have had a O&G company come across their land and you look at it 2 or 3 years later and the fences they built look like crap? Posts leaning... loose wires... crooked gates. I see it all the time. I expect those fence builders to build a fence that will most likely out last the land owners. I don't care what the rest of their place looks like... what we touch will be done right. I want a land owner to look back and say that well was a blessing not a curse.

2) Landowners always want to show up and look at the fence, make changes, suggestions, etc. I have zero tolerance for a fence builder, or any one, cocking an attitude with a land owner. If they are being a problem or un-reasonable you call me. That's my job. We try to keep a good working relationship with the land owners... You leave in a couple days. Don't screw it up for us.

3) There are 3 groups I have to watch for that will steal you blind... roustabouts, roughknecks, and fencing crews. Its just a fact.

1) I don't take shortcuts.
2) We always do our best to make folks happy, but about 5% of the population doesn't want to be happy.
3) Leave me outa that. And Fence, too. That man will aggravate you to death to get you paid if he owes you a dollar. And, if it weren't for those three sets of men, you would be out of a job.
It'd serve you well to quit lumping the fence builders on this forum into your broad generalizations. We have a Texas Gas transmission line that cuts a corner of our place.....It's the O&G company men a guy needs to look out for. Big bunch a lazy thieves. Rude and smelly, too. See how dumb it sounds to make a broad generalization about someone you don't even know?

greybeard":14l2g8d0 said:
True Grit Farms wrote:
"The fencing competition can be held on my place. I'll provide the HT."

If I throw in mosquito dope, BBQ and beer AND the HT, can it be on my place?
Just joking...mine's done about as much as I intend to do but I've seen heavy equipment 'contests' when I worked for a Komatsu dealership and they are fun to watch and the crews all seemed to enjoy it.

Let's just skip the fencing and get on to the beer and BBQ part. :D

Brute 23":2j9pcamj said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2j9pcamj said:
Brute 23":2j9pcamj said:

Would you like the opportunity to call me a thief in person??

Brute 23":3if42ybk said:
... and we have come full circle to fighting it out when all else fails. :tiphat: Good day gentlemen.

Where do think it's gonna end brute when you call someone a thief.

You need to get over whatever fence builder it was that ran your big mouth down the road.
You start calling someone names like that from behind a keyboard and it shows exactly what you are. And yes if you put me in a corner I will offer you the opportunity to work it out in real life. I'm not going to be called a thief or a liar without putting you on the spot.
Post some pics of your fine work, or we will meet and compare. You consider your self all knowing on any thing. But all you do is type. Show us your expertise. Show us yourself.
If you want to call me a thief at least make yourself credible. I post pictures on a daily basis. I hide nothing
I have had business dealings with 4 CT members this month. We can argue about fencepost all-day. Like most company men . At the end of every day you twist things around to blame the day on someone else...

You mentioned fighting. That's a threat.
I said I would give you the opportunity to call me a thief personality.. I had no thoughts of fighting. I didn't think it would be required. :?:

Thats not what I'm saying. I'm saying those are 3 tough occupations and it's hard to find good guys to fill those crews now days. If you have been in any of those businesses for any amount of time you have seen some questionable characters come thru. Thats a fact. I sit with those business owners and talk about it. They know it and I know it. It's part of the game.

I've had enough contractors work for me to know any thing is possible. Last year alone I had two crews call late because one of the employees took off in the crew truck and never came back. One truck was found at the airport one was at the border. Just last month we busted a guy using his Crew truck to do side business and was stealing parts from us to take a long. I worked with the company owner to catch the guy. There were no hard feelings. It wasn't his fault.

It's a fact when you go thru the contractors that we do that even the best companies can't control all their employees.

Your trying so hard to find some thing wrong with what I'm saying you can't even consider any thing else.

Brute 23":x8xm5rao said:
Thats not what I'm saying. I'm saying those are 3 tough occupations and it's hard to find good guys to fill those crews now days. If you have been in any of those businesses for any amount of time you have seen some questionable characters come thru. Thats a fact. I sit with those business owners and talk about it. They know it and I know it. It's part of the game.

I've had enough contractors work for me to know any thing is possible. Last year alone I had two crews call late because one of the employees took off in the crew truck and never came back. One truck was found at the airport one was at the border. Just last month we busted a guy using his Crew truck to do side business and was stealing parts from us to take a long. I worked with the company owner to catch the guy. There were no hard feelings. It wasn't his fault.

It's a fact when you go thru the contractors that we do that even the best companies can't control all their employees.

Your trying so hard to find some thing wrong with what I'm saying you can't even consider any thing else.

Seems you have trouble with everyone you work with. Maybe you should look at the common denominator.

Brute 23":3pes5ov0 said:

When you add employees you add problems, those that can handle people succeed in business. At least Fenceman can do his job without any outside help if need be. Seems like most folks that work in manual labor, either become their own boss, or work hard and play hard. And when they play too hard they can't or don't work for a day or two.