Pre-fabbing Steel Corner Posts/Braces

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":9j2hi358 said:
Brute 23":9j2hi358 said:
You will never meet a better guy to work for than me if you do your job and let me do mine.

Nobody works for you. You work for a oil company. your a employee not a employer..

I'm both actually. Every one should work on both sides so they can each have the perspective of what the other deals with.

It's kind of like every o&g land man should own land and have a company drill on it and every land owner should own a business where you have to deal with land owners.

Brute 23":1l03rzax said:
callmefence":1l03rzax said:
Brute 23":1l03rzax said:
You will never meet a better guy to work for than me if you do your job and let me do mine.

Nobody works for you. You work for a oil company. your a employee not a employer..

I'm both actually. Every one should work on both sides so they can each have the perspective of what the other deals with.

It's kind of like every o&g land man should own land and have a company drill on it and every land owner should own a business where you have to deal with land owners.

So what s the name of your outfit...
Mines A&A Fence..

I'm hesitant to keep going because I feel like you baiting me to a pissing match which have have no interest in.

My last business was a gauging company. I had it for 8 years before I took my current job where I'm going on 4. At the end I had two guys working for me full time and a couple that filled in here and there.

I feel like you are insinuating that because I'm an employee at my company that I do not employ people?

Dang few corners I've had were actually square. Prefabbing is not an issue. Backhoe can get the rock out. But when your "corner" is 97 degrees, a 90 degree prefab looks like hammered be nice.

Brute 23":c4kyq45n said:
I'm hesitant to keep going because I feel like you baiting me to a be nice match which have have no interest in.

My last business was a gauging company. I had it for 8 years before I took my current job where I'm going on 4. At the end I had two guys working for me full time and a couple that filled in here and there.

I feel like you are insinuating that because I'm an employee at my company that I do not employ people?

I'm generally pretty docile, but since you fired one...tongue in cheek...across my bow earlier, I'll be more than happy to explain this for you. Eight years is a mere 12 months past the seven year itch. My childhood lawn mowing business lasted more than twice that long. If you sold it for big $, and your two full timers still have a job, you did good. If you shut her down to take a job, you didn't. If you start before everyone else, quit a few hours after they've all gone home, and all of their paychecks come out of a bank account you own....you are an employer. If not, you aren't. Anecdotal jibber jabber makes my face itch. We need to have a CT fencing competition and see who can prove it.

Life is not about money for me. Twice I have built businesses and divided it amongst the guys who worked for me to move on to other things.

I'm a firm believer in karma and the golden rule. I have had some awesome opportunities come my way and I hope I've created some awesome opportunities for others. I would rather be known as fair or loyal when I die than wealthy.

On here it sounds like I'm an azz to people but that's because I'm trying to type quick and get to the point. In real life, I talk totally different and always try to treat people with respect. I have next to zero problems with people at work but I cull hard like cattle for a certain temperament. :) It's a lot more enjoyable to go to work like that.

i agree brute.. everyone should be on both sides of the fence.. employer // employee..

Guys.. Why set up a extra t post for a guide wire? I just set my corner posts and run off that.

Brute 23":5qqyw6yx said:
I do not personally build fence with pre-made Hs and would not suggest to some one else to do it that way. We have done it at work and it turned out fine, but again, that's not how I would personally build fence.

Just because some one does some thing for a living does not mean they do it right. I see it every day. ;-) I may not build fence or work or a rig or doze brush for a living but I make contracts, hire, and sign the tickets for hundreds of contractors. I can tell you 99% of the time who is going to be a problem just by their attitude, body language, and how they talk about doing what they do. :tiphat:

I don't disagree with most of what you've said in your most recent comments, but why fire a shot like that ^^^?
And then wink at me? If your goal is to spread the goodwill, then I'm glad for you. My goals in business are to provide the best product possible at a fair and profitable margin. My personal goals are more charitable, but that's a slippery slope to confuse the two. And why is everybody so against a fencing competition? It's a bit miserable for a couple hours, but quite a lot of fun to visit before and after.

Farm Fence Solutions":2p8lqpcq said:
Brute 23":2p8lqpcq said:
I do not personally build fence with pre-made Hs and would not suggest to some one else to do it that way. We have done it at work and it turned out fine, but again, that's not how I would personally build fence.

Just because some one does some thing for a living does not mean they do it right. I see it every day. ;-) I may not build fence or work or a rig or doze brush for a living but I make contracts, hire, and sign the tickets for hundreds of contractors. I can tell you 99% of the time who is going to be a problem just by their attitude, body language, and how they talk about doing what they do. :tiphat:

I don't disagree with most of what you've said in your most recent comments, but why fire a shot like that ^^^?
And then wink at me? If your goal is to spread the goodwill, then I'm glad for you. My goals in business are to provide the best product possible at a fair and profitable margin. My personal goals are more charitable, but that's a slippery slope to confuse the two. And why is everybody so against a fencing competition? It's a bit miserable for a couple hours, but quite a lot of fun to visit before and after.

It's true. Guess its my prejudices showing. It's hard to explain all the crazy stuff I have seen so called professionals try to get away with. Fence builders, welders, equipment operators, wor crews, etc... I bet of the ones we have hired 25% are worth they money they get. 50% are just junk and I have no clue how they even stay in business. So when people say I do some thing for a living or Ive been doing it for X amount of years it doesn't carry a lot of weight knowing the stats. It's like when you see some one on here who leads to the idea that they have more head so they are smarter than every one else. We know there is no correlation between the two.

ddd75":2w110iwb said:
i agree brute.. everyone should be on both sides of the fence.. employer // employee..

Guys.. Why set up a extra t post for a guide wire? I just set my corner posts and run off that.

Thats is how most people do it when they build their h braces on site. We were talking about using pre-made H braces. You have to have a straight line before hand so you can get the h brace in line with the fence.

True Grit Farms":5676g6jq said:
The fencing competition can be held on my place. I'll provide the HT. Hurricane Irma cured me from barbed wire forever.

You don't have any rock. Prime told me so...if we're having a competition it's gonna be on some rock. :
Any half azz can build fence in soft ground... :D ;-)

Brute 23":168anm3m said:
Farm Fence Solutions":168anm3m said:
Brute 23":168anm3m said:

It's true. Guess its my prejudices showing. It's hard to explain all the crazy stuff I have seen so called professionals try to get away with. Fence builders, welders, equipment operators, wor crews, etc... I bet of the ones we have hired 25% are worth they money they get. 50% are just junk and I have no clue how they even stay in business. So when people say I do some thing for a living or Ive been doing it for X amount of years it doesn't carry a lot of weight knowing the stats. It's like when you see some one on here who leads to the idea that they have more head so they are smarter than every one else. We know there is no correlation between the two.

Jibber jabber. What is it about fence builders that gets you so stirred up? :lol2:

callmefence":22afebv4 said:
True Grit Farms":22afebv4 said:
The fencing competition can be held on my place. I'll provide the HT. Hurricane Irma cured me from barbed wire forever.

You don't have any rock. Prime told me so...if we're having a competition it's gonna be on some rock. :D

And it'll be net wire.

Farm Fence Solutions":2tjrdj8t said:
callmefence":2tjrdj8t said:
True Grit Farms":2tjrdj8t said:

You don't have any rock. Prime told me so...if we're having a competition it's gonna be on some rock. :D

And it'll be net wire.

Deal...

callmefence":2zn5c3w4 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2zn5c3w4 said:
callmefence":2zn5c3w4 said:

And it'll be net wire.

Deal...

Two man teams would be the traditional way to do it. You set the posts and I'll stretch the wire? :D