Prayers please

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
My brother Jacob and his wife Keziah came back from their honeymoon today, they stopped in here on their way back home to catch up for christmas etc. Jacob had a bit of an ear infection so he popped into our doctor for some antibiotics. While he was there, Kez suddenly got sick. She started fitting and her temp skyrocketed. She was admitted to the local hospital and has now been transferred to a bigger one. They are still doing tests so we dont know what is wrong yet but she is still fitting.

I'd really appreciate if you could spare a thought in your prayers

sure can do...keep us informed as to how they both are, as ear ache can be very painful, could it be connected in anyway to what you SIL has.? from where they were staying? God Bless to you all.

Oh, Keren, that's terrible. Thoughts and prayers are coming to you family. Please, keep us updated.

Alice

Keren":82bt8p4m said:
My brother Jacob and his wife Keziah came back from their honeymoon today, they stopped in here on their way back home to catch up for christmas etc. Jacob had a bit of an ear infection so he popped into our doctor for some antibiotics. While he was there, Kez suddenly got sick. She started fitting and her temp skyrocketed. She was admitted to the local hospital and has now been transferred to a bigger one. They are still doing tests so we dont know what is wrong yet but she is still fitting.

I'd really appreciate if you could spare a thought in your prayers

Sorry to hear about their illness... :(

Where did they go on honeymoon? In a compromised environmental area by any chance?
"Fitting" (aka "Seisures"). Temperature elevated, suspect infection of some kind from any number of possible causes. Since both of them got ill on return, I "suspect" might have something to do with environmental causes (parasites, water, food, air contaminates, etc.). Possible neurological thing (other than seizure).

Hope the Dr's find out what's wrong...

So the tests havent showed anything, she is still in a lot of pain but they are discharging her. My brother booked a motel closer to the hospital and stayed there with her overnight, no more news as such.

Thanks everyone for your support.

They were in Fiji for their honeymoon

Thanks for the update keren, good news I hope if they are discharging her.I am glad they are staying close to ER just in case. I will add all of you to my prayers tonight, I hope that she is well on her way for a speedy recovery..

Praying that Keziah will be free of all illness and cured immediately in the grace and name of god. May all believe it is possible.

thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

It was a bit scary, because of course you start thinking about all those sinister things like tumours etc.

She is home (well our home, anyway) and still not well but better. They believe it is some sort of viral infection that will hang around for around 7 days - will ask her the name of it in the morning. But its not life threatening or anything.

:D Again, thanks :D

Appreciate it more than you know

Keren glad to hear your SIL is on the mend, lets hope it leaves her quicker than they say. Seems that all the heartfelt prayers were with her, here's to a Happy Healthy New Year for us all....all the best Chris.

Kez is back in hospital.

She went to our local doctor again yesterday afternoon because she wasnt feeling any better at all. He immediately admitted her to the local hospital (not the big one where she was before) and started her on a drip, a heap of different painkillers, something to stop the nausea and something to help her sleep. He was furious that they didnt keep her longer at the bigger hospital. He rang them to get copies of the tests etc. well turns out they never did a brain scan and he was mightily p'offed about that. I have a feeling he will organise to have the scan done.

Latest posts