Prayers for our Middle Tennessee Friends

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We need prayers for our Middle TN friends. Unexpected tornados struck about 2 am yesterday morning causing tremendous damage. 24 people dead and 88 were injured. Another 77 are still missing.

Happened to be working that night, first touchdown in Nashville was about 500 yards from the firehall. My phone alert went off about 30 seconds before it hit. I did like I always do, looked and layed it down, then the train sound, lights went out, tones going off, couldn't find my clothes, complete discombobleation. From now on I'll pay more attention to my phone.
The industrial park below us completely destroyed, out all night searching a few injuries no fatalities there, God was with them.. I think a little further east in Putnam co they suffered the most loss.
Everyone effected by this need your prayers, the ones that lost loved ones, everything they have and the ones that will just be out of jobs because the business are completely gone.

From looking a pics probably lucky more didn't get killed. It seems in the last few years tornado activity has shifted further east from tornado alley to dixie alley. Dixie Alley tornadoes are harder to spot and often occur at night. Unlike the Plains, where a tornado can be seen coming from miles away, the South has more rugged terrain and more trees, making it more difficult to spot a tornado. Many tornadoes that occur in this area are "rain-wrapped," so they are less visible to the naked eye, CNN meteorologists say. More heavily forested areas in the South leads to more trees being toppled by storms or turned into projectiles as well.
Tornadoes in the South tend to stay on the ground longer and move faster. Many storms in Dixie Alley are pushed by a stronger jet stream, which results in faster-moving storms.
It's not uncommon for a tornado in the Southeast to travel faster than 50 mph (80 kph). This puts more pressure on forecasters to get a tornado warning out in enough time for the public to react, CNN meteorologists say. Nashville residents had only minutes of lead time ahead of the deadly tornado that struck there Tuesday just after midnight.
Many of the storms occur overnight, when most people are sleeping and unaware that a tornado is approaching. Many homes in the Southeast lack a basement or underground shelter. In 2008, the US Census Bureau reported that only 10% of new homes included a basement whereas 75% of new homes in the Northeast and Midwest had a basement.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/03/weather/dixie-alley-tornadoes-southeast-wxc/index.html

ESMHaC4VAAIeRYH