Practical Jokes on the farm

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I love a good, clean, safe practical joke and was just wondering if you have any good ones you have pulled on anyone in this business.

One of the best we ever pulled involved a boaster and his rain gauge. If you got a 1/2 he got 2 inches etc etc. So to keep him from having to lie, we made it where he didn't have to by adding the appropriate amount of extra water to his gauge before he got there to read it. Unfortunately, it got out of hand cause to many people were "in the know" and wanting to help. But it was funny while it lasted - about eight weeks I think. :lol:

One of our neighbors had a banty rooster named roscoe. He gave it to my mother. We slipped the rooster back in the neighbors coop three times at night. The neighbor finally caught on to this trick. We all had a good laugh.

"Somebody" put an ad in the local classifieds for one of our neighbors: Boer goats for sale. $5 each. Call after 9pm.

cfpinz

Put limberger cheese under the hood and under the seat of the car/truck. Probably should be an older truck as the smell would kill resale value

iowahawkeyes":2hu4miv5 said:
Put limberger cheese under the hood and under the seat of the car/truck. Probably should be an older truck as the smell would kill resale value

That is not a clean or a good joke. If someone did that to me, rest assured he would be chasing his cattle for a month of sundays because his gates would never be shut.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Best one I heard of was when a guy found an old jet engine in a scrapyard and dumped it in his neighbors pasture. Since the pasture owner was in the flight zone of the airport, the instigator called the FAA and reported that an engine had fallen from a jet while in flight.

The FBI, U.S. Marshals', NTSA, and the FAA roped off the pasture and stood around that thing for weeks trying to figure out where it came from.

In the end, the guy who played the prank was more worried about being found out than the pasture owner.

Have you ever sent someone a box with a brick in it by UPS "COD"?

Or ordered "Chickens" to be sent by mail "COD" to a friend? :lol:

Its always fun to call in to the local "People to People" radio show in the morning... where people call in with random stuff they have for sale, and leave their number in case there's someone that wants to buy it. Just call in, have something good to sell, and leave a buddy's cell phone number. "My favorite is I've got a 16' utility trailer that got left to me, and I don't know what to price it at so just make an offer, and oh by the way, I've got some ginny's for free if anyone wants any"

Always a good time.

certherfbeef":1cl597pc said:
iowahawkeyes":1cl597pc said:

That is not a clean or a good joke. If someone did that to me, rest assured he would be chasing his cattle for a month of sundays because his gates would never be shut.

well i guess i did a little worse i left a horn off a calf in my dad's tool box for 4 weeks while it sat in the sun. i'll admit it was bad... hope he dosn't do it to my car :lol:

This might be bad but.....

A couple years back, drove past a dead fox in the road. Got a great idea. Had husband help me pick it up and put it the bed of my truck. We tied a rope around it's neck, left about 8 feet hanging and drove up to my co-workers vehicle. My husband climbed under her car with the dead fox and tied the other end of the rope to her car's frame and threw the fox under the car so she wouldn't see it. The idea was that when she went to leave from work, she would pull out and drag that thing down the road with her, unknowingly.

We all used to play bad pranks on each other. One of the other co-workers had a dead skunk put in her garage one night (not by me)....but OH THE SMELL the next morning. EWWW!

We find ways to amuse ourselves in this small town. :D

I dont have a great practical joke, myself.
But Dad swears he and some friends took a wagon apart and put it back together on a barn roof. It may just be a legend. Dad's a fisherman. They never get smaller as the years pass. This was more a halloween prank than a practical joke.
They also had a schtick where they put a womans purse on the edge of the road. Fishing line attached to the purse. Then you watch the folks in the car hunt for the purse they saw.

My Wife being the Jokester she is, has called me numerous times at work to tell me Cows are out, or in the barn eating Hay. I hope she gets a kick out of it... :help:

Years ago several buddies and I got together to buy 30 acres and opened up a shooting range. One night we were having a meeting to discuss some range business. A buddy and I slipped out and jacked the rear end of a fellow's truck. We placed a stack of bricks under each side of his rear axle so the tires were about 1/2" off the ground. We went back into the meeting. When everyone came out, this fellow jumped in his truck, dropped it in gear and vrooooom. Nothing happened, except for a stupid confused look on his face. He got out and looked at the tires but didn't see the wheels off the ground or the bricks. Back in the truck he put it in forward gear, wheel spun, Then into reverse, wheels spun. By this time he had another and more confused stupid look on his face. The rest of us were busting our guts laughing at him. When he saw us, he knew he had been tricked. He finally put the truck in 4 wheel drive to pull off the bricks. If I remember correctly, I believe I was sore the next day from laughing so hard.

The guy is the same one who "Volunteered" to be shot with a tazer in the gunshop one day. The deal was he would get $20. I believe he ended up wetting his pants during that ordeal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

certherfbeef":1vt3yolr said:
iowahawkeyes":1vt3yolr said:

There is nothing funny about letting someones cattle out. Cheese yes, cattle no :p

we hauled my uncles couch out of his house and took it to town ,put it on main street with a 4 sale sign on it,lol his wife went threw town and seen it and thought to herself that looks just like ours,she found out it was theirs when she got home,small town so everyone seen it,uncle had to haul back home,lol

As you can probably see on this thread, practical jokes start out as funny but they are never as funny to the receiver of the joke as they are to the person who performed the joke. Paybacks get deeper and deeper and they cause alot of problems and tempers flare and fights start and friendships are lost. It is very easy to think something is harmless but ends up costing a person alot of time and heartache and money. That said, I have been on both ends of more than my share. One that I pulled involved a buddy of mine who had a sore back. He decided that a soak in a whirlpool with the jet on his back would help. While he was in the water, I climbed through the rafters and when I was above him, I eased one end of a cut off hose into the water and poured a gallon of green food coloring through a funnel, down the hose, into the water. When he got out, he noticed it and was green from his neck down for at least a week. His wife did not find that very funny. One that was pulled on me was when I ordered a laptop computer over the internet. I was not there when it was delivered and a couple of my buddies took the computer out of the box and replaced it with a few bricks on the bottom and a half dozen light bulbs on top of the bricks. When I arrived, they told me I had a package and I knew it was the computer. One guy picked it up and started to hand it to me, and he tripped and lost control of the box and it turned upside down as he dropped it. You can imagine the sound it made when it hit the floor and those bricks exploded those light bulbs in the box. I nearly cried, knowing my new computer was destroyed. After everyone stopped laughing, one of my buddies brought out my new computer (not in a box), and said, "by the way, this also came for you". They really got me good on that one.

Can work on a farm, but in my younger days I worked as a mechanic. After the new guy had been there a couple of weeks, we use to put axle grease on the ear piece of the phone, lay it down on the desk.... Bob you got a phone call!

I don't know who did this or if it is serious or not, but there is a hand painted sign down the road that says , "Need a significant other? Call (guy's name here) and (guy's ((?)) here)." It is a wooden sign that on posts that someone had to pour concrete in the ground to hold up. Stands out from both directions so that it is easy to read. Has been up there for about a month now. I would have thought that the county would have taken it down. I haven't called the number, since I"m married, but I sure am curious who and why it is there. If it is a practical joke, it is a beauty.

The kitchen sink of our farmhouse has one of those little black sprayer deals to the right of the normal faucet. I like to put a rubberband around the lever turning it on. The first time my wife turns the normal faucet handle on the water squirts her. Then the screaming starts. One of these times was the first time I ever heard her curse. Wet and swearing she was so cute.

This wasn't done on a farm but it can be. While I was in the Army, I put a driver's military 4x4 pick-up truck's transfercase in neutral. When the driver put the truck in gear to take off, the engine revved, but didn't go anywhere. When he tried to put the tranny in park, the gears sound like he wasn't using a clutch on a manual transmission. The truck had an automatic transmission. He ran back in the company area to see if he could find a mechanic. While he was in, I put the transfer case back in 2 wheel drive high. The mechanic hopped in and drove off. The driver never did figure out what happened. The mechanic wrote the problem off as "Operator headspace and timing".

Latest posts