Power Outage

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
We had a power outage last week and my PC, TV, i-pad were shut down, and
it was raining, so I couldn't golf.

Therefore, I talked to my wife for a few hours.

She seems like a nice person.

dun":3qp3lmo5 said:

Opposites attract...

TennesseeTuxedo":2lzjsl4s said:
That's funny dun.
Sadly it;s probably pretty close to the truth the way things are now. I've seen people sitting at the same table in a restaurant texting each other.

dun":1axlta6t said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1axlta6t said:
That's funny dun.
Sadly it;s probably pretty close to the truth the way things are now. I've seen people sitting at the same table in a restaurant texting each other.

I watched 5 late 20 somethings having lunch together the other day. They all ordered and then texted and read emails till their food came then went back to the iphones.

SAD

dun":3k52ml8m said:

That is the best one I have seen in a long long time. :lol: :lol:

I'm Old School... Have always been "bothered" by phones (at work or at home). Only reason I ever wanted a phone was when someone called with something really important (like wanted to buy something from me). Otherwise, IMO the only need for a phone is to have an emergency option and/or to check on business or occasional call to family.

My phone is "state-of-the-art"... Start, 10 digits, Stop.

Also, when I'm busy or driving...Phone Rings? It can wait...if important they will call back later... "You say someone died? Keep them on refrigeration, in morgue, they will keep..." LOL!

dun":l9yt54ce said:

Has to be more than a "nice" person to put up with the likes of you everyday!

My power was out 16 days during the ice break a few years back. Before that was over, we knew too much about each other.

Oh dun, I can always count on you to make me smile. This is the best post I have seen in a very long time. Thanks for the giggle!!! Have a wonderful day.

dun":3dvhaoea said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3dvhaoea said:
That's funny dun.

I went in to the doctors office last Monday must have been 20 people in the waiting room.
Everyone in that room was texting with the exception being me. I thought if you could get a pocket size device to block a cell phone signal I could have all these people sitting in a 100 degree parking lot in a few seconds. I could have got in and got out a lot faster.
I believe that these poor people would actually have a nervous breakdown if they could not play on that cell phone every waking minute.

My oldest grandson was here recently and he kept texting on the phone.
I got on him about it now Dun here was his reply make sure your sitting down.
He said Paw Paw how do you expect me to get married, I said what?
He said I an texting a girl I like, I said son in my day we wanted to touch the girls not text em.

Caustic Burno":3l927ppv said:
dun":3l927ppv said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3l927ppv said:
That's funny dun.

I went in to the doctors office last Monday must have been 20 people in the waiting room.
Everyone in that room was texting with the exception being me. I thought if you could get a pocket size device to block a cell phone signal I could have all these people sitting in a 100 degree parking lot in a few seconds. I could have got in and got out a lot faster.
I believe that these poor people would actually have a nervous breakdown if they could not play on that cell phone every waking minute.

My oldest grandson was here recently and he kept texting on the phone.
I got on him about it now Dun here was his reply make sure your sitting down.
He said Paw Paw how do you expect me to get married, I said what?
He said I an texting a girl I like, I said son in my day we wanted to touch the girls not text em.
Reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6EaWO-wbYE

Latest posts