Power of Prayer

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider":1tu1am66 said:
hillsdown":1tu1am66 said:
Stop Preaching !!!!!!!!

Either you believe or you don't and please stop preaching from a book that has been re-written by whom ever holds it in their hands. If that is true then who is to say the Koran is not the book of GOD .
I'm not sure if you are a moderator. I thought you were.

I'll stop with a question, why can half of the discussion be shut down by calling it preaching, while the other half continue?

I don't know who the moderator's are but I think this thread has been peaceful and thoughtful. I don't see any harm personally and have no complaints.

Several times in this thread the authenticity of the Bible as Gods word has been questioned. I did not see any reason to discuss it with Inyati because he says he doesn't believe in the existence of God. If there's no God then there can be no word from Him. But it keeps coming up so I'll tackle the subject.

Josh McDowell was an agnostic in college and he believed Christianity was worthless. As a project for a class he decided to disprove Christianity by disproving the Bible. The first thing he did was look at the manuscript evidence. A manuscript is a hand written copy. Two thing about manuscripts tell us how authentic a document is, the number of manuscripts and the time from the event until the manuscript was written. The closer to the event the more accurate it is considered to be.
For instance there are 10 manuscripts about the life of Julius Caesar. The earliest of these was written 1000 years after he died. There are 7 manuscripts of Plato the earliest was written 1300 years after he died. Homers "ILLiad" Is one of the better documented of the ancient writings. It has 643 known manuscripts and some are where written only 500 years after he lived.
Let's see how the bible stacks up against that. The new testament alone has 24, 633 manuscripts. Some were written within 30 years after Jesus lived here on earth. Most of the new testament was written as letters to other Christians so these manuscripts are hand written copies of those letters. Our English translations are 99% accurate with those early manuscripts. This was enough evidence to cause McDowell to reconsider the authenticity of the Bible and after much more in-depth study he wrote a book called " The Evidence that Demands a Verdict". The discovery of the dead sea scrolls also adds authenticity to the Old Testament.
Also there is the continuity of the Bible. Written over a 1500 year period by 40 different authors in on 3 different continents in 3 languages. Yet it all still maintains a central theme of man in a deprived state and God providing a redeemer to save us.
The Bible is also prophetic. There are at least 29 books that claim to be Gods word and only one of them is prophetic. 30% of the bible is prophecy. The amazing thing is that the old testament has more than 2000 prophecies that have already been fulfilled. The latest was in 1948 when Israel became a nation again.
The bible has also been proven to be historically and scientifically accurate.

starbaby":odudnfv7 said:
And a non-believer can just as easily look at it and say "isn't nature awesome. Look how far we have evolved. Wonder what "we" can create next?? I felt that way once upon a time.
um no they can't , it's like that joke-
scientists have learn how to create humans from dirt so they don't need God anymore , so God looks down and says , Get YOUR OWN DIRT
A few billion people on earth say I am right and you are wrong !!!! I wish I were wrong on this one. :cry2:

DeepSouth on both sides of every contested or litigated argument is a hack who for some incentive will present themselves as an expert and use misleading or downright false information to provide a seeming resolution. In court cases, they are generally consultants willing to sell their profession for money. We called them "hired guns" or better yet "prostitutes". I see them on both sides so not just picking on the ones Christians often use. I find that I have the most respect in those who confess their tribulations and doubts at points in their life when they hit a rough patch in their faith. Even Mother Teresa expressed times of weakness in her faith. Trust me, everyone on this forum knows a "hired gun" when they see one!

Not meaning you. But these people who make claims of being a paleontologist and all of a sudden they see the light! Boondocks pointed out Michael Tillinger. Good example.

inyati13":vq3cmppv said:
DeepSouth on both says of every contested or litigated argument is a hack who for some incentive will present themselves as an expert and use misleading or downright false information to provide a seeming resolution. In court cases, they are generally consultants willing to sell their profession for money. We called them "hired guns" or better yet "prostitutes". I see them on both sides so not just picking on the ones Christians often use. I find that I have the most respect in those who confess their tribulations and doubts at points in their life when they hit a rough patch in their faith. Even Mother Teresa expressed times of weakness in her faith. Trust me, everyone on this forum knows a "hired gun" when they see one!

Not meaning you. But these people who make claims of being a paleontologist and all of a sudden they see the light!

Inyati13
When I was hauling bull out in Colorado and Wyoming many years ago I dabbled in astronomy some, mainly because of the clear skies and higher elevations. I have been reading your thoughts on this "faith" subject the last week or so. Being somewhat of a self proclaimed scientist and or bullshipper in the realm of physics, and astronomy, I must call BULL on one statement you made several posts ago. :???: Scientists do not believe the universe is expanding from a central point or center. In fact they find it is expanding the same from wherever you are located in the cosmos. There is no center and therefore no outer edge to the universe. :cowboy: Now carry on !! :tiphat:

bullshipper":1a5ii0w7 said:
inyati13":1a5ii0w7 said:
DeepSouth on both says of every contested or litigated argument is a hack who for some incentive will present themselves as an expert and use misleading or downright false information to provide a seeming resolution. In court cases, they are generally consultants willing to sell their profession for money. We called them "hired guns" or better yet "prostitutes". I see them on both sides so not just picking on the ones Christians often use. I find that I have the most respect in those who confess their tribulations and doubts at points in their life when they hit a rough patch in their faith. Even Mother Teresa expressed times of weakness in her faith. Trust me, everyone on this forum knows a "hired gun" when they see one!

Not meaning you. But these people who make claims of being a paleontologist and all of a sudden they see the light!

Inyati13
When I was hauling bull out in Colorado and Wyoming many years ago I dabbled in astronomy some, mainly because of the clear skies and higher elevations. I have been reading your thoughts on this "faith" subject the last week or so. Being somewhat of a self proclaimed scientist and or bullshipper in the realm of physics, and astronomy, I must call BULL on one statement you made several posts ago. :???: Scientists do not believe the universe is expanding from a central point or center. In fact they find it is expanding the same from wherever you are located in the cosmos. There is no center and therefore no outer edge to the universe. :cowboy: Now carry on !! :tiphat:
Acknowledged. I am not even going to check you. I have "faith" that you are correct. :D

inyati13":3a4tamtb said:
DeepSouth on both sides of every contested or litigated argument is a hack who for some incentive will present themselves as an expert and use misleading or downright false information to provide a seeming resolution. In court cases, they are generally consultants willing to sell their profession for money. We called them "hired guns" or better yet "prostitutes". I see them on both sides so not just picking on the ones Christians often use. I find that I have the most respect in those who confess their tribulations and doubts at points in their life when they hit a rough patch in their faith. Even Mother Teresa expressed times of weakness in her faith. Trust me, everyone on this forum knows a "hired gun" when they see one!

Not meaning you. But these people who make claims of being a paleontologist and all of a sudden they see the light! Boondocks pointed out Michael Tillinger. Good example.

I can remember many years ago we were wanting to establish a branch office in a nearby community. It was apposed by an existing company offering the same services. Experts testified. About a year later the company that opposed our branch in their town applied for a branch in our town. Experts appeared this time and were had completely reversed their opinions about both communities. Amazing what some will do for money. BTW, both companies got to open their branches. :lol2:

bullshipper":2r5yygrp said:
inyati13":2r5yygrp said:

Inyati13

Wait, you mean we are each the center of our own universe (multiverse)? That explains a lot! :lol:

boondocks":rwktnxgp said:
Wait, you mean we are each the center of our own universe (multiverse)? That explains a lot! :lol:
Now you're going to tell me there IS a fourth dimension?? :lol2:

TexasBred":30t34zbn said:
starbaby":30t34zbn said:
And a non-believer can just as easily look at it and say "isn't nature awesome. Look how far we have evolved. Wonder what "we" can create next?? I felt that way once upon a time.
scientists have learn how to create humans from dirt so they don't need God anymore , so God looks down and says , Get YOUR OWN DIRT
A few billion people on earth say I am right and you are wrong !!!! I wish I were wrong on this one. :cry2:
tb, im confused do you believe or not ?
I don't think it's "preaching ", it's more of a discussion that people are passionate about . there are always a lot of questions on here and always lots of opinions . like everything you can take it or leave it . but it's already been brought up about writing about people . I never met Einstein or anyone in history but I've read about them . history !

starbaby":3ouzglpf said:
TexasBred":3ouzglpf said:
starbaby":3ouzglpf said:
tb, im confused do you believe or not ?
I don't think it's "preaching ", it's more of a discussion that people are passionate about . there are always a lot of questions on here and always lots of opinions . like everything you can take it or leave it . but it's already been brought up about writing about people . I never met Einstein or anyone in history but I've read about them . history !
Absolutely I believe !!!!! ....but I realize too that a lot of folks don't and many of them see everything as "I did that". God had nothing to do with it. I think the "quit preaching" had to do with all the Bible quotes and such trying to convert someone that doesn't necessarily want to be converted. Not on a public forum anyway. Doesn't do much good to quote scripture to someone that doesn't believe the book you're quoting from anyway. I think we are to simply plant seed and leavae it to God. ;-)

TexasBred":79on5pc6 said:
boondocks":79on5pc6 said:
When I was hauling bull in Colorado and Wyoming years ago I thought I was at the center of the universe. That is until a 2000 pound bull kicked me into another universe. :cowboy: And yes quantum physicists believe there is a fourth dimension, in fact they believe there are 10 dimensions. However "faith" is not considered one of them. :lol:

bullshipper":3g48mfe8 said:
TexasBred":3g48mfe8 said:
boondocks":3g48mfe8 said:
When I was hauling bull in Colorado and Wyoming years ago I thought I was at the center of the universe. That is until a 2000 pound bull kicked me into another universe. :cowboy: And yes quantum physicists believe there is a fourth dimension, in fact they believe there are 10 dimensions. However "faith" is not considered one of them. :lol:

Good read. :D

heard this today and thought of a few of ya'll
good luck - your on your own - I hope you make it

As our President said, "You did not build that." It takes all of us to keep this nation going. Even the ones on welfare, they eat so they consume some of my beef, even the sell barn I sell at gets a little of that welfare dollar as does the trucker and feed lot owner and the butcher and the oil companies and all companies that well electricy.
You should be happy that you have the means to live your life as you live it.

hurleyjd":ai470lwy said:
As our President said, "You did not build that." It takes all of us to keep this nation going. Even the ones on welfare, they eat so they consume some of my beef, even the sell barn I sell at gets a little of that welfare dollar as does the trucker and feed lot owner and the butcher and the oil companies and all companies that well electricy.

Gee, I never thought of that!?!? We can give people money for doing nothing, then they can buy stuff from us. Wow!!! all this time I thought welfare was breaking this country and now I find out they were doing us a solid all along, my bad.

Larry

larryshoat":37o7xgfe said:
hurleyjd":37o7xgfe said:

Gee, I never thought of that!?!? We can give people money for doing nothing, then they can buy stuff from us. Wow!!! all this time I thought welfare was breaking this country and now I find out they were doing us a solid all along, my bad.

Larry

You see Larry, we just never really thought that one all the way through, huh??!!

Latest posts