Pouring rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie":11dctjue said:
Finally we're getting some rain! Man we need it. Now we'll have grass. :D

You might be getting some snow. I saw that parts of OK were expecting snow. My son in Amarillo said that they were in a blizzard watch and were expecting at least six inches.

so glad your getting some much needed rain.youll see the grass really start jumping now.our cows have quit coming up now that the pastures are full of grass.

Son just texted me and said that they are having a white out.

We're on the edge of the projected snowfall. Heck, I'd love to see a couple of feet of snow. It'll melt. It doesn't take a lot of rain to get the native grasses going. We've missed our cool season grasses this spring, though, just didn't have enough moisture to get them going. :(

The temp has been dropping all morning. It was 55 degrees when I first checked; down to 50 now. I figure it'll be about freezing when it's time to breed that cow tonight. :lol: We've got to get the new bull somewhere so he won't be on the fenceline with her when we bring her up to the barn.

Steven said it was 19 degrees and that they were expecting a foot of snow now.

Steven said something to me about snow drifting up to rooftops in Dumas??? Can that be true???

We are getting another good shower now too. Lots of thunder but not much wind. Talk about a change. Hope the is the beginning of the end of the drought.
This ought to really make the grass come out. After feeding hay for 9 months I will probably be able to stop soon.

Lammie":3mwb8sn6 said:
Steven said it was 19 degrees and that they were expecting a foot of snow now.

Steven said something to me about snow drifting up to rooftops in Dumas??? Can that be true???

Yep seen it there before. That's one of the worst roads in America in a blizzard.

Latest posts