pour-on jug lacing

Help Support CattleToday:

moses388

Reaction score
The 2.5-liter jug came with 2 straps. A 5-liter jug came with 1 strap. Is there a correct way to lace up a pour-on jug?

I did some chute work. I use disposable syringes. Figured out I can put scotch tape around the syringes, so the numbers don't wear off before I get done.

If you have a pour in gun with a hose. Then you can wear the 2.5gal like a back pack (spout down). The 5gal usually has a shoulder strap and a pipe that hooks to the hose and goes inside the jug it suck pour on off the bottom.

If you have a pour in gun with a hose. Then you can wear the 2.5gal like a back pack (spout down). The 5gal usually has a shoulder strap and a pipe that hooks to the hose and goes inside the jug it suck pour on off the bottom.
This scares me. I did this once, but I hung it on a hook while I moved some more cattle through. While it was hanging, the cap popped off and I lost some on the ground. But at least it wasn't on my back.

I lace it and hang it like you said, but I don't carry it on my back anymore.

I can't always figure out the combination to putting the strap on the right way in a timely manner so I usually just fish it through and tie it off and then let it hang upside down from a hook on the top of the head gate. I use the dispenser gun, it will reach to wherever I need it to worm an animal in the chute. I have also put the jug around shoulder tied of like that when I don't catch them and have to go along the alleyway to pour on.

This scares me. I did this once, but I hung it on a hook while I moved some more cattle through. While it was hanging, the cap popped off and I lost some on the ground. But at least it wasn't on my back.

I lace it and hang it like you said, but I don't carry it on my back anymore.
I've heard of people getting doused pretty good with pour on but never heard of them having any ill affects. Has anyone heard of any bad effects from getting pour on on a person? I always tie it off to the chute or corrals if I'm getting them as they run by.

I've heard of people getting doused pretty good with pour on but never heard of them having any ill affects. Has anyone heard of any bad effects from getting pour on on a person? I always tie it off to the chute or corrals if I'm getting them as they run by.
Never from pour on, but my wife has a former student, whose mother is in the hospital now because she dosed herself internally (psychiatric problems). She almost died.

The safety instructions include wearing rubber or latex gloves and washing it off immediately if it contacts your skin. I'm sure low doses don't hurt but long term, high contact probably will cause some new type of disease.

Never from pour on, but my wife has a former student, whose mother is in the hospital now because she dosed herself internally (psychiatric problems). She almost died.
I bet it made her really sick!! I think the stuff is 75% alcohol. Definitely don't want to hit a cow with a hot shot after a dose of pour on.

I would be that a large quantity of it would burn the skin a little if the reaction my horses get from it is any indication. Although darker coloured horses it doesn't seem to bother but I don't give it to horses I plan to ride or especially grey horses anymore.

My daughter-in-law was accidentally injected with Ivermectin by her mom( a doctor no less) while holding a goat for injection. It didn't seem to do her any harm. Her mom said she wouldn't have worms for a while anyway.

Latest posts