Pour on dewormers and Longhorn/Brahman cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

wbenchfarms

Reaction score
A customer was in the store the other day, and somehow we got on the subject of dewormers and cattle. They said they had lost several Longhorn cows and calves to using pour on dewormer. The only thing that I have heard on the dewormers is to be careful if you have a grub infestation and they are migrating. I have never had any issues with pour on's in the past. Anyone care to comment? I take this with a grain of salt, as the source of the info is marginal at best, but always like to see if anyone else has any experience.

[img
IMG_20150626_141722_zps2c6f6524.jpg
[/url]/img

Trying to post the back label, but have spent to much time fighting with photo bucket!

Thanks for that information, I have a few Brahman crosses. There used to be quite a few of them around here, but not as common now. I hadn't heard of that, and am glad to know it. I have been worming with Cydectin, and using fly tags.

Thank you M.Magis for posting the link.
I was in a hurry and did not have time to fuss with it.

I am sure that there are other brands also, but this is one that Tractor Supply carries. I realized after I had bought it that I couldn't use it on my Brangus, so I diluted it and sprayed my horses with it. Well it didn't agree with them either. It burnt the pizz out of them! It sent them rolling, kicking and scratching. I won't be using it on anything again!