Potential keeper?

Help Support CattleToday:

i dont know, she will probably get picked on by the others for having small ears. better send her on down the road. (check pm for my address)

dun":367f8o6s said:
TexasSimmentals":367f8o6s said:
Yes 6 months it will much easier to judge how she will look.........she is not absolutly a perfect calf but hey i would keep her :D

I'll almost bet that raquel welch didn;t look like much at 4 years old. We put them on the tentative list till they're weaned, then the pretty sure list till they're yearlings. Calves go through so many stages that the one that looks crappy at one stage may be an eye popper at another, and vice versa

I agree with dun here, been there and done that.... looked great at three months, and six months (they all change somewhat to ugly between 9 and 13 months, but at least you'll be able to assess growth and weight). We culled one heifer last week because she just hadn't grown out like we thought she should (and she was one of the larger heifers when weaned). Had another heifer 3/4 limo and 1/4 charolais I would have loved to have kept, beautiful heifer but disposition was not there. She'd already ripped out her ear tag within 2 days of getting it and you'd think after drylot (grain and hay) the last 3 months she'd been dog gentle....... nope.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...that said i like the heifer and the cow (i think they look good!) We all have a different eye and that is why there are so many different animals here on the internet, the sale barn..etc.. You probably have more information than us, and I know you know that calves change...nice calf my vote is a keeper. donna

Latest posts