Potato & Chicken Teriyaki-reallllly good

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
Tried a new recipe last night that my grandmother gave me (she found it in a magazine somewhere I think). Turned out to be really good! I had the leftovers today and it was still great reheated.
Potato & Chicken Teriyaki
4 medium potatoes
1 lb of boneless chicken
2 tbsp. cooking oil/olive oil
1/4 C. teriyaki sauce or marinade
Cut potatoes in wedges and microwave 8-10 minutes or until tender. Cut chicken in strips or pieces and brown in oil for about 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, saute until brown. Add the sauce and heat thoroughly.

I think it would be good with some green peppers or onions added in.

Sounds like a real quick thing to prepare. Do you think it would work with beef also just the same or would you change any of the seasoning for beef. I just happen to have a lot more beef on hand more then chicken cause I have to go to town and buy the chicken. I was thinking strips of round steak maybe?

hayray":2y6l24hx said:
Sounds like a real quick thing to prepare. Do you think it would work with beef also just the same or would you change any of the seasoning for beef. I just happen to have a lot more beef on hand more then chicken cause I have to go to town and buy the chicken. I was thinking strips of round steak maybe?
Sure thing, go for it.

I think it would be just as good with beef. We have teriyaki marinated beef often.

I buy these microwave steamer bags. They are great. I can put frozen chicken in one with just some lemmon pepper and put it in the microwave for about 8 minutes, then do some veggies the same way and boy is it good. And fast. No cleanup of pans. My son loves it and he can make it himself. I do all kinds of veggies in them, fresh and frozen. They keep more nutrients, too, because they are steamed.

Latest posts