Pot shop

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
So a little background. You all know that Washington State legalized pot about 4 years ago. I was against it as I am against the general moral decay in this country. So back in the first of October I moved from a county that was very liberal to one that is very rural. Thurston County (where I moved from) is home to the state capital and Ultra liberal Evergreen State College. Along with being liberal it is fairly highly populated. it has 368 people per square mile. When they legalized pot a pot shop or growing operation sprang up on every corner. That was no surprise to me. Then I moved to Klickitat County. A much more conservative area with a lot less people. The population is 21,301 and the area is 1,904 square miles. The population density here is 11 people per square mile. To the best of my knowledge there are two pot shops in the entire county. One about 45 miles from here and one at the end of my driveway. It has been a real eye opener. Over in Thurston I just didn't pay attention to the pot shops. Here I drive right by it every time I pull out the driveway.
So what I have observed is that there is almost always someone there buying pot. It doesn't matter if it is 9:00 in the morning or 9:00 at night. On Friday evening and most of the day on Saturday there will be 5 or 6 cars there. It is rare to see the parking lot empty.
I doubt all these people started smoking pot just because it became legal. And who were they buying it from before? How many pot smokers are there in your area? I would be willing to bet the number is much higher than you realize. Is it better to have people buying it from a local business that gets taxed or from a Mexican cartel? My observation is the pot smokers are a cross section of the population. I see more well dressed people driving newer vehicles than run down vehicles one would expect from a bunch of pot smokers. Business suits are very common.
Again I am not in favor of legal pot. I am very worried about the moral decay in this country and where that is leading us. These are just my observations living a couple hundred yards from the pot shop in what is a very rural area that has an agriculture based economy.

I hear there's a lot of benefits to pot health wise. Supposedly pot helps to keep cancer from spreading as fast and relieves chronic pain. I'd give it a try but I have emphysema and a cough now so I don't think I'd be a very good candidate. Pot is no worse than liquor IMO. Does anyone know if the cops have a breathalyzer for pot? There's no excuse to DUI.

I regularly smoke pot and thoroughly enjoy it. Few things I enjoy more than partaking and moving amongst the cows in the pasture analyzing their various strengths and weaknesses, proposing and considering various ways I can improve my operation. The legality of it is of no concern to me. I subscribe to a higher moral standard, that of my own discretion.

I am also very concerned about the moral decline in society. It is an unfortunate reality, and human condition where we tell ourselves that it's ok just because something makes us happy or feel good. Hard draw a line when the lines are getting so blurred. As I have stated before, we are part of a ministry in some rural communities that have been plagued by generational poverty and ravaged by drugs and alcohol for several generations. To say the least it takes a toll on anyone who witnesses the effects of drugs on individuals and their families.

Ky hills":x9gshz1x said:
I am also very concerned about the moral decline in society. It is an unfortunate reality, and human condition where we tell ourselves that it's ok just because something makes us happy or feel good. Hard draw a line when the lines are getting so blurred. As I have stated before, we are part of a ministry in some rural communities that have been plagued by generational poverty and ravaged by drugs and alcohol for several generations. To say the least it takes a toll on anyone who witnesses the effects of drugs on individuals and their families.

The local Baptist Church had a bake sale not long ago. The crap they were pedaling to fund themselves imo was far more destructive than pot. Although
I strongly suspect that pot usage just may have helped their sales.

callmefence":1rmob4hs said:
Ky hills":1rmob4hs said:

The local Baptist Church had a bake sale not long ago. The crap they were pedaling to fund themselves imo was far more destructive than pot. Although
I strongly suspect that pot usage just may have helped their sales.

I can speak from experience that some of the Baptist Churches have some pretty good cooks in their congregations ;-)

Prohibition on Pot worked as well as prohibition of alcohol, and both prohibitions funded criminal enterprises.

How can it be immoral to consume a herb in its creator-made unadulterated form?

Genesis 1:29 And God said: Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed upon the earth

It is this illogical rational where man attempts to know better than God that is the unfortunate human condition.

Draper":3lu9y8dm said:

Genesis 1:29 And God said: Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed upon the earth

It is this illogical rational where man attempts to know better than God that is the unfortunate human condition.

God never said to raise the THC content through hybridization tho. You were good until you used the "unadulterated" in your sentence. :lol:

Draper":3dhxc9e3 said:

We disagree on this subject and the interpretations, and could both state a lot of different points, to which I choose not to.

slick4591":juny0pzt said:
Draper":juny0pzt said:

God never said to raise the THC content through hybridization tho. You were good until you used the "unadulterated" in your sentence. :lol:

If that's your argument to draper's statement.
name a crop that's not hybridized..

callmefence":1mlz1wji said:
slick4591":1mlz1wji said:
Draper":1mlz1wji said:

Not an argument at all. Note the laughing emoticon. :bang:

slick4591":2b154ab4 said:
callmefence":2b154ab4 said:
slick4591":2b154ab4 said:

Not an argument at all. Note the laughing emoticon. :bang:

Sorry if I misunderstood....jeez don't hurt yourself...

True Grit Farms":2noz2rdd said:
I hear there's a lot of benefits to pot health wise. Supposedly pot helps to keep cancer from spreading as fast and relieves chronic pain. I'd give it a try but I have emphysema and a cough now so I don't think I'd be a very good candidate. Pot is no worse than liquor IMO. Does anyone know if the cops have a breathalyzer for pot? There's no excuse to DUI.
Grit, there is a little Ph strip that can tell if THC has been consumed/smoked by the subject in the previous 4 hours. Its available at the dollar stores here.....

Draper":12gnpj9l said:

He gave most us the intelligence to not consume the poisonous plants "herbs" and other little specialty items that could kill us. Have you eaten your castor beans today?? Or maybe fed your cows a nice big pile of oleander leaves and blooms. God created them all. Guess he didn't give you any common sense.

Latest posts