Pot Of Something

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Had the cousins over last night for calzones.
well I had left over sliced onions, green bell peppers and mushrooms.
I wasn't quite sure what to do with it all so I just threw a lot of things in a pot. It turned out pretty good.

2lbs. burger
1/2 a large onion sliced
1c sliced mushrooms
1 green bell pepper sliced
2 cans of tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomatos with green chilis
1t. cayenne pepper
1/3 can of water
salt and pepper to taste

Brown burger in a large skillet or pot. Add all other ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cook til vegtables are tender.
It does have a little heat in it, if you like it hotter add more cayenne pepper.

Some of the best eating you'll ever have is when you clean the leftovers out of the frig. Fill up the crock pot and go to town with it. You never know what you'll get!

grannysoo":2q0yjevu said:
Some of the best eating you'll ever have is when you clean the leftovers out of the frig. Fill up the crock pot and go to town with it. You never know what you'll get!

My husband does that. I'm not with him while he's at work, so I don't have to eat it. He's made some stuff that sounds downright gross but he always says it's good. I think men will eat anything they cook. He had one with eggs in the crock pot. He just puts in any veggies I send with him and usually sausage. As long as I don't have to eat it. His bowls smell interesting, which is to say, like vomit, after he lets them sit in the car and brings them home for me to wash. I told him that was grounds for divorce.

Lammie":52mux7ac said:
His bowls smell interesting, which is to say, like vomit, after he lets them sit in the car and brings them home for me to wash.
Well, its just after 10 a.m., and already I know that this is going to be the best laugh I've had all day! Probably cause I had to read it at least twice, got caught up on the word "bowls" and it makes all the difference in the world. :oops:

angie":88rqyc51 said:
Lammie":88rqyc51 said:
His bowls smell interesting, which is to say, like vomit, after he lets them sit in the car and brings them home for me to wash.
Well, its just after 10 a.m., and already I know that this is going to be the best laugh I've had all day! Probably cause I had to read it at least twice, got caught up on the word "bowls" and it makes all the difference in the world. :oops:
Oh good Lord I did the same thing, looped around "bowls" about three times then went back and read the whole thing over and then saw it right.... :lol2: :nod: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

For cripes sake! Not BOWELS. There isn't enough money in the world for that. Besides, after he's spent a week eating that stuff, I get enough gas in the house that I probably do know what his bowels smell like. One day someone's gonna light a match and the house will explode. Bless his heart, he's only home on the weekends. I feel sorry for his roommate. He's eating the same stuff, though, so he's probably just as bad.

I do believe that is a true remark. He'll eat anything I cook, too. He's not choicy.

grannysoo":3p0e0hj1 said:
Lammie":3p0e0hj1 said:
I do believe that is a true remark. He'll eat anything I cook, too. He's not choicy.

Perhaps true for him, but don't lump all of us into that group!

Do you mean to tell me that if you whipped up something that was otherwise appalling to other humans, say, at deer camp, you would not eat it? I have never seen a man that would not eat his own cooking. And if he didn't like what I cooked, then there's the kitchen. :D

Latest posts