Post your 2008 Hereford show string!

Help Support CattleToday:

0031.JPG

She will be 2 in Sept, so the county and district fairs will be it for her. She is about 2 months bred, so may show in cow calf next fall.

I like her, Showmomof2. I'd like to see her back a little more level but it's not too bad. She looks to have plenty of muscle on the back end with plenty of femininity throughout. She also looks to have plenty of bone to her, no spindly legs on her!

Can't wait for baby! This is the same heifer that is posted with the white one this spring. The back thing is the way she's standing-she usually looks a lot straighter than that.

Here are a few better pics of the bulls I'm going to show this season.

First 0730, the same bull I posted earlier in this thread, he is now 9 months and three weeks old, he has a will of his own and haltertraining him is proving more of a challenge than usual.
100_3691.jpg

100_3680.jpg

The next bull is 0727 different sire than the previous one, just short of 10 months old.
100_3690.jpg

lastly the baby of the group, 0739, exactly the same breeding as the first bull, their dams are daughters of the sire of the previous bull and they share the same sire themselves. He is 8 months old
100_3667.jpg

As promised, his steer picture. Unfortunately we couldn't keep him eating and at weigh-in he was 1100 lbs :( .
Saying goodbye to Ranger, a very sad morning:
DCP_1620.JPG

Still have the heifers!
Maggie, Joe, Annie:
DCP_1621.JPG

and from the other side, Annie, Joe, Maggie:
DCP_1622.JPG

and a couple rear views of the girls:
DCP_1623.JPG

DCP_1624.JPG

Chris H":19htfu38 said:
As promised, his steer picture. Unfortunately we couldn't keep him eating and at weigh-in he was 1100 lbs :( .
Saying goodbye to Ranger, a very sad morning:
DCP_1620.JPG

Still have the heifers!
Maggie, Joe, Annie:
DCP_1621.JPG

and from the other side, Annie, Joe, Maggie:
DCP_1622.JPG

and a couple rear views of the girls:

A couple very respectable looking ladies! what are their ages? bloodlines?

DCP_1623.JPG

DCP_1624.JPG

The dark one is June 1, 2007; the light colored one is March 5, 2007.
The sire of the March heifer is DJB LLL 8E Benchmark 26P. As a side note, the champ Hereford female at Butler(open) and Preble country fairs was a Sep 06 heifer out of that bull.

The March heifer is a maternal sister to the mother of the June heifer. The June heifer is sired by a bull we bought from Doug Banks, DJB 8E Rampage 18R ET. We're really happy with that bull, especially used on cows like this heifers mother sired by AA TSF 238 VICTOR 9103. That bull was a maternal brother to Reload.

Latest posts