Post Holes

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I am new to cattle and have been reading all the informative post. We have aquired a few acres in Mo. now we need to fence it off. We will be starting out small, I noticed on a post about buying post holes.
Where can you buy them and are they available in different depths.

Thanks
New in Mo.

We sell them in truck load lots up to box car loads. Prices depend on the depth you want and quantity. PM Me for prices as this is not an advertising board.

la4angus":jfz8f827 said:
We sell them in truck load lots up to box car loads. Prices depend on the depth you want and quantity. PM Me for prices as this is not an advertising board.
I bet they don't want none from you, LA. Your's probably all fill up with stinking swamp water before you can use 'em!

Texan":3ed42q6g said:
la4angus":3ed42q6g said:
I bet they don't want none from you, LA. Your's probably all fill up with stinking swamp water before you can use 'em!
The gators will drink it and keep the varmints away.

I have some high quality OHIO post holes i will sell for half of what La priced his at!! E-mail me and we can make delivery arrangements.

certherfbeef":1p98fxk7 said:
I have some high quality OHIO post holes i will sell for half of what La priced his at!! E-mail me and we can make delivery arrangements.

I think you are making fun of me I was serious in trying to get started.

I think you are making fun of me I was serious in trying to get started.

I am not making fun of you. I just have more post holes than I know what to do with and I am willing to discount them just to move them. Sorry for the misunderstanding :oops:

New, don't pay any attention to certherfbeef. The OHIO post holes won't hold up in the Missouri land. They will stretch and be to big during the summer and the cows will push the post and fence over. I have had customers that tried the OHIO holes and they all said they stretched. They stay tight in the winter but that is just about 1/4 of the year. I can make You a good deal on a carload.

The reason thart certherfbeef has more post holes than he knows what to do withi is there is no demand for OHIO post holes

New in Mo. wrote:
Are Texas post holes better

Texas everything are better! Nod

We all know that everything in Texas is bigger, espically the holes. Pie holes and a$$ holes

Unless you're real picky you should consider buying used. Check with the local pipe yard, he will have sources from the oil patch. With prices as high as they are now a lot of oilfield service companies have quit plugging and abandoning played out wells. Instead, they are pulling up the old bore and cutting it into four foot lengths for resale as post holes. Just make sure to buy rock holes if that's what you need. They cost a little more but trying to drive a sand hole into rock is more work than just digging the hole to begin with.

Craig-TX

The good thing about rock holes is that they are only about a foot deep . but after post is placed in holes they never line up ... :cry:

gosh you guys have an attitude... post holes? come on now is there some great product i dont know about

what do you need to know... ? depends how important the strenght is to the post and the prep...

:p it makes me sad that so many can make bologna out of a post...donna

That was my post... i wasnt logged on... say what you want...but it isnt always true.. there is no painless post replacement...or placement

Campground
I am assuming that the used postholes that Craig is talking about would be stationary, beings as they are 4ft deep. I have some customers that would be interested in buying some good used, portable postholes. Could you tell me how deep they are or can they be different depths. Most would want something about 2ft to 2 1/2ft deep. Possibly for corner posts they would want some 3ft to 3/12ft deep and about 10 in in diamater.If you have a contact with someone that would have a large supply of these and would offer dealer discounts please have then to contact me. You have my phone #. I could probaly use several K of them as soon as the word gets out that they are available. I would also be willing to pay you a finders fee for locating them for me. Thanks in advance.

If you are unable to find post holes large enough for your fence posts, there is a company in Newfoundland that specializes in post hole stretchers. I'll see if I can find their website for you. It may be a more economical alternative than searching for those sometimes hard to find larger sizes.

Take care.