Post a random thought

Help Support CattleToday:

My buddy explained to me how he counts cattle. Says he counts heads.

Much easier than my way.
I usually count eyes and divide by 2

Then I got a one eyed cow so I had to start counting legs/feet and divide by 4

Who'd a thunk I'd snag a deal on a 3 legged cow!

Now I just count tails.

I'm gonna be in trouble after the next sale....

Ya dummie..the arrows are annotations to point out the Christmas lights and yes, it was a tall set of eaves. 17' walls plus the house sat with top of 1st floor 5' off grade/ground level.
I was younger and in much better physical shape when I put those lights up there.

Porch floor area under roof was 12' X 35'. Bad part, it faced West and in afternoon that sun's path across the South& Western sky's heat was all but unbearable. Not much view either, as the Impenetrable Forest began 85' from our front porch.
I've started my poem, "The Roof not Taken".

My buddy explained to me how he counts cattle. Says he counts heads.

Much easier than my way.
I usually count eyes and divide by 2

Then I got a one eyed cow so I had to start counting legs/feet and divide by 4

Who'd a thunk I'd snag a deal on a 3 legged cow!

Now I just count tails.

I'm gonna be in trouble after the next sale....
Wife and I just consider averages. It's easier that way.

Last Saturday while working cows I accidentally put an ear tag in backwards. After we let her out of the chute B asked what is the number on that last cow. I said #66, why? He said you put the taf in backwards, but that is OK we will be seeing her going the other way more than facing us.

Last Saturday while working cows I accidentally put an ear tag in backwards. After we let her out of the chute B asked what is the number on that last cow. I said #66, why? He said you put the taf in backwards, but that is OK we will be seeing her going the other way more than facing us.
I've done that tagging calves

Just as well you didn't put it in upside down.

Ken

I generally (meaning almost always) tried to have constructive thoughts when operating machinery or doing what some might think of as mundane tasks.
But people don't care about that! They want to know what kind of unconstructive thoughts you're having (while operating machinery or other mundane activities), of course.

Okay, should be interesting. We have a random picture thread, so why not a random thought thread……

I'll start it off.
My fingernails and toenails are growing like crazy. Seems that I'm clipping boomerangs off of them every few days.

Is that something that is normal as we get old? I'm thinking this is a question for Murray, but thought I'd pitch it to the group first.
God is good and that's that. 😊