Post a random thought

Help Support CattleToday:

At least it's not Old Milwaukee or Olympia. I will say I have drank all three when I was young and dumb, more bang for the buck.
I remember buying the Schmidt Sport Pack (had hunting scenes on the carton) in college in the 1980's. Needed a bunch of tomato juice to make them drinkable. The jug of tomato juice cost as much as the beer.

I remember buying the Schmidt Sport Pack (had hunting scenes on the carton) in college in the 1980's. Needed a bunch of tomato juice to make them drinkable. The jug of tomato juice cost as much as the beer.
I don't remember that one. I don't think I have ever drank any of it, but I have had some pretty skunky beer before. I did a survey for some beer when I was in college, I think they gave me a sixpack. I don't even know what the name was anymore or if it even had one. A buddy and I took it on a fishing trip, it was completely undrinkable. I think we only lasted one night before we went back to town because we didn't have any good beer, and we weren't catching any fish. Beside there were no girls there; we did get back in time for the barn dance.

I don't remember that one. I don't think I have ever drank any of it, but I have had some pretty skunky beer before. I did a survey for some beer when I was in college, I think they gave me a sixpack. I don't even know what the name was anymore or if it even had one. A buddy and I took it on a fishing trip, it was completely undrinkable. I think we only lasted one night before we went back to town because we didn't have any good beer, and we weren't catching any fish. Beside there were no girls there; we did get back in time for the barn dance.

I lived within about 30 miles of the Olympia brewery until I was 67. 1995 through 2017 I worked in Olympia. Drove past the old brewery everyday. Never drank the stuff. It was locally referred to a panther piss. Schmidt (aka animal beer) was produced by Olympia. The last name of the people who owned the Olympia brewery was Schmidt. Pabst bought them out and they were bought out by Miller. When they sold the building it was with the condition that it could be operated as a brewery. Last time I was by there the building was sitting empty.

I lived within about 30 miles of the Olympia brewery until I was 67. 1995 through 2017 I worked in Olympia. Drove past the old brewery everyday. Never drank the stuff. It was locally referred to a panther piss. Schmidt (aka animal beer) was produced by Olympia. The last name of the people who owned the Olympia brewery was Schmidt. Pabst bought them out and they were bought out by Miller. When they sold the building it was with the condition that it could be operated as a brewery. Last time I was by there the building was sitting empty.
I remember now -- we did refer to Schmidt as "animal beer".

I'd bet all the locals around any big brewery call their product some version of "panther piss". I know they did in Golden Colorado where they made Coors. And I'd bet a lot of people that work for Budweiser call that beer something derogatory. (and they'd certainly be correct with Bud)

Discussing things with a spouse is like reading a new terms of use. Eventually you just give up and click 'I agree'.
I've had a running joke going with my wife... If we are questioning whether something is this way or that way and she says, "Want to bet?"... I automatically know she's right. I already owe her more cups of coffee than she will ever be able to drink.

We would get a bad case of the " Tumwater tumbles " drinking Oly

I had a friend over there not far from the OLy brewery. The family owned a pretty good sized ranch. Back when prohibition went out old man Schmidt came out to see my friends Grandpa. Wanted some money to start up. Grandpa got 25% of the Oly brewery for the money he loaned them. The family was still riding the money Grandpa made for them.

Thank goodness it's not snowing. Can you imagine shovelling snow in this heat?
I would sure like to see some snow right about now. It's 94 just a little bit ago as I was pull back into the driveway. It's supposed to cool of some later in the week, I'm ready for it. I have seen it snow in Craig Colorado on the 4th of July when growing up.

I would sure like to see some snow right about now. It's 94 just a little bit ago as I was pull back into the driveway. It's supposed to cool of some later in the week, I'm ready for it. I have seen it snow in Craig Colorado on the 4th of July when growing up.
I've seen it snow in Utah on the valley floor of Salt Lake. June 29th, 1968. Maybe if we all pray for snow it'll be like doing a rain dance and we can get some action...

Latest posts