Post a random thought

Help Support CattleToday:

Sometimes we just need a break, or to brake (as in full stop). Then start again.
Well, I had to do it. Something didn't seem right this morning. I gave the Boss a kiss and headed out for my day job, but not without checking on a heifer near ready to calve. She was fine, but the grass needs clipped.

While I was looking at cow butts and udder judging, the Boss went to work. So I texted her and told her I didn't feel right; a bad case of anal glaucoma (I just can't see my azz coming in to work today).

I went back to the house to grab some snacks for the day and found a half bucket of KFC in the fridge. Then spent an inordinate amount of time looking for a ziplock bag to put it in. Finally decided to take the whole bucket. Now the dogs think I'm the greatest. They thought it was larrupin'.

I haven't even started the tractor yet, but I have an excellent excuse…..heavy dew. So I'm just milling about, thinking about all of the things I need to do, wandering while I'm wondering why.

Most times I'm certain. Other times not so sure. Today will be a great day.
B4AB22D1-EB4F-4B96-A91E-67F6DAE10052.jpeg
B50B8035-6903-4A1F-A47B-D9EEF2511327.jpeg
ECD6A452-8E05-40B7-ACF7-836DD7D52DE5.jpeg

I felt my butt vibrating. My wife called. Since I'm playing hooky, she's thinking up new chores for me.

In her Johnny imitating June's voice ("honey, take me fo a spin"), she says "mow that spot on the back side of the garden!"

I want you all to know that I wear the pants in this family!
She only tells me when to put them on, or take them off.

I felt my butt vibrating. My wife called. Since I'm playing hooky, she's thinking up new chores for me.

In her Johnny imitating June's voice ("honey, take me fo a spin"), she says "mow that spot on the back side of the garden!"

I want you all to know that I wear the pants in this family!
She only tells me when to put them on, or take them off.

Like I told my Dad one time when he was giving me crap about who wore the pants " I figure you can either wear them or get in them", I thought he was going to die laughing!😂

Crazy thing is I know both of those songs! Well, I don't "know" them, but familiar with them. My nephew plays music 24/7. Very eclectic variety! He has thousands on him phone and knows the words to all of them.

Does anyone else tend to drive faster when Slow Ride by Foghat comes on the radio…or is that just me?

No. I quit driving fast a couple decades ago. I figured life was going by too fast, so I've been doing everything as slow as I can :ROFLMAO:, so it'll take longer before I'm being spoon fed.
If it matters to you, I am able to drink an extra beer or three to Slow Ride, and a lot of other classics……..but it's taken years of very diligent practice. Thinking I'm only another couple decades away from having everything perfected.
I'm writing a book about my attempt at perfection. Spoiler alert!!!…..I am far from perfect, but the road is called life and I enjoy it. I even make my Darlin smile uncontrollably sometimes. It's a quizzical and crooked smile, but I still put it on the chalkboard of life!

Im in rubber boots most of the time on the farm. My tan line is just under my knee. Funny when not in boots, couldn't imagine this tan in shoes..

No. I quit driving fast a couple decades ago. I figured life was going by too fast, so I've been doing everything as slow as I can :ROFLMAO:, so it'll take longer before I'm being spoon fed.
If it matters to you, I am able to drink an extra beer or three to Slow Ride, and a lot of other classics……..but it's taken years of very diligent practice. Thinking I'm only another couple decades away from having everything perfected.
I'm writing a book about my attempt at perfection. Spoiler alert!!!…..I am far from perfect, but the road is called life and I enjoy it. I even make my Darlin smile uncontrollably sometimes. It's a quizzical and crooked smile, but I still put it on the chalkboard of life!
Life is short…but it's real wide.

Latest posts