Possible snake bite

Help Support CattleToday:

Venomous bites on horses and people stink. Pygmy rattler bit a guy and we used a dog shock collar on bite area while traveling to hospital. Google "The Doctors World; New Shock Therapy For Snakebites" written up in NY Times. Hospital didn't even administer anti-venom. You can do that on humans but not suggesting that for livestock. The trip to hospital took an hour so plenty of shocks.
LOl is this serious?

I was serious. A dog training collar has levels of sensitivity on the shock so lowest level. He said the shock kept the bite from hurting so badly. Since we were really rural and a person can die from venom depending on how much venom is released in the bite, it was worth a try. Discovery Channel was where I got the idea. The guy's hand swelled up looked like black sausages about to bust. Again, not something that should be given to cattle. Paris, Tx hospital was where he was treated. They said never saw a bite turn around so quickly.

Venomous bites on horses and people stink. Pygmy rattler bit a guy and we used a dog shock collar on bite area while traveling to hospital. Google "The Doctors World; New Shock Therapy For Snakebites" written up in NY Times. Hospital didn't even administer anti-venom. You can do that on humans but not suggesting that for livestock. The trip to hospital took an hour so plenty of shocks.
That's not unusual, depending where he was bitten and how old he was.
Pygmy rattlers are among venomous bites where they don't usually administer antivenin unless it's a child or unless the adult is bitten on the neck or near the heart. Copperheads are another one.
I was bitten in the foot by a copperhead and went to the E room around 2010 and no antivenin was administered but most of my left leg turned black within a couple of days.

Latest posts