Portable water trough

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm

Reaction score
I am going to rotational graze this next year I have water speckets in all the fields but don't have automatic waters. So without buying 10 or more water troughs I was thinking of building a trailer to put the water trough on and a mineral feeder so I can just hook it to the four wheeler and move it with the cattle. Anyone have anything like this?

How many head will you need to water? We have half a plastic barrel cut in half with a jobe float valve. Tip it over to empty and move to the next spot. Simple and cheap. Will keep 30-40 head watered no problem.

pricefarm":2b9nf91y said:
I am going to rotational graze this next year I have water speckets in all the fields but don't have automatic waters. So without buying 10 or more water troughs I was thinking of building a trailer to put the water trough on and a mineral feeder so I can just hook it to the four wheeler and move it with the cattle. Anyone have anything like this?

Rubbermaid makes a nice trough and I'm using their automatic float vale now with the only problem being that it will freeze in cold weather.

I like your concept by the way. You're fortunate to have multiple water sources in your pastures.

I will be watering about 30 cows with calves, I just didn't want to have to drag a water trough and mineral feeder around to every Field so was trying to figure a way to make it more portable

get an old propane tank cut in half weld 4 legs with a angle iron and angle iron running the length of the tank on the ground cant the ends up slightly so it will slide over the ground. have a float and washingmachine hose at each spigot so all you have to do is slide the tank in place and tighten the 2 screws on the float and your done. I build my mineral feeder like a trough with a top on them and can pick it up to move with the hay forks