Portable pens

Help Support CattleToday:

I looked at some portable setups in the past. Seems to me something semi permanent is the way to go. If you have one cow that needs treatment, do you want to haul that whole thing?
I didn't see specifications, but I've had cows would try to mangle that thing. If they succeed, I bet it won't fold back quite so neat.
I don't really know your exact situation. It might work good for you.

Earl

Have seen the OK corral and the Rawhide corral side by side and the Rawhide is built with heavy steel pipe whereas the OK uses smaller square tubing. Both have their pro's and con's but the Rawhide has substantially stronger materials. If I were to buy one it would be the Rawhide. Just my 2 cents worth.

http://www.rawhideportablecorral.com/

Texas PaPaw":pyv2rdc1 said:
Earl

Have seen the OK corral and the Rawhide corral side by side and the Rawhide is built with heavy steel pipe whereas the OK uses smaller square tubing. Both have their pro's and con's but the Rawhide has substantially stronger materials. If I were to buy one it would be the Rawhide. Just my 2 cents worth.

http://www.rawhideportablecorral.com/

Thanks for your input. That's the kind of information I really wanted to know. I will look at rawhide.

I've used the OK portable pen to work cattle out of the marsh in Louisiana. These are brahman cross cattle and are not easy to work by any means. We haven't had a problem with the pen and have been happy with it so far. The sides are tall and the cows don't try to jump it. The square tubing seems to be plenty sturdy enough. It's a good way to go for rented pasture. You can also haul 2 horses in the pen when folded up. I don't have any experience with the Rawhide pen.

I have used a rawhide and one person can set it up but two is better. We just purchase a W W which is a rawhide made out of shiiny metal instead of paint. One new feature is a solar charger for the battery so you dont have to unhook it to charge it.

jeff

Latest posts