Portable grain bins

Help Support CattleToday:

NonTypicalCPA

Reaction score
Is anyone using these small portable grain bins? The little feed that I give my Belties has been bagged feed and its way more money than buying bulk. I'm considering buying a small 150-200 bushel grain bin but would need to pay for delivery. The other option is to get one that is towable like in the link below. I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on these two options. I'm looking into the cost of delivery, right now that is an unknown. I want something weather and rodent proof.

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/grd/d/ ... 62576.html

I have a 40 bushel Kory hopper on wheels with a lid. I also bought just the hopper and stuck in the barn to some extra. Pastures spread out 20 miles and weather/rodent proof and buying feed in bulk vs the extra $60/ton bagging charge down here I think in 1 years time I paid for mine.

Mine with wheels was $1575, without wheels farm fleet discontinued selling Kory equipment and I got that for $400!

You should get a price break at 3 tons so I would want one that will hold at least 3 tons or coarse feed. You'll probably be carrying feed in buckets so I wouldn't bother with the portable unless you have some other reason.

Latest posts