Portable firepit

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
All you need is a washing machine washtub and a pushmower. (Don't forget to take the engine off the mower)

;-)

I'll get a pic on in a bit.

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I use a washtub to burn string in. The baked enamel appears to be heat resistant and it has yet to rust out.

pdfangus

Reaction score
Now I have learned something already today and it is just 6:38.

I could go back to bed now except i am waiting on the boss here at work to go to the Va Ag Expo.

Who knows, maybe I will learn two things today.

OP
I

IluvABbeef

Reaction score

At night
View attachment 1
At day

It really throws the heat around, much more than a cone-shaped outdoor firepit that is commercially made. The handle comes off too after you've wheeled it to wherever you wanna put it...

pdfangus

Reaction score
I would have thought the heat would melt those plastic wheels off.

Looks really neat. Next time the wife kills a washing machine (which will not be long as I just had to do life support on it a while back) I will get me one made up.

Jogeephus

Reaction score
How's your paint job holding up on it? I haven't burned anything but string and don't really burn anything that builds a bed of coals but my drum seems to be rust proof - for now anyhow.

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
They have the burn ban in effect here. You can't even cook steak on the gas grill. If they catch you welding outside of a shop it is a huge fine.

Jogeephus

Reaction score
IluvABbeef":3tfq3x42 said:
Jogeephus":3tfq3x42 said:
How's your paint job holding up on it?

Why bother with painting it? Paint's gonna burn off anyway...

I didn't mean that. :oops: I meant the baked enamel that keeps it from rusting. How is it holding up. Mine has a thick grey baked enamel coating on it. Seems the fire doesn't burn this off thus causing it to rust out like a barrel does. I can't seem to get but about a year out of a barrel whereas I've been using this washing drum for two years now and I still got the paint on it and no sign of rust.

OP
I

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Jogeephus":2zxvaw33 said:
IluvABbeef":2zxvaw33 said:
Jogeephus":2zxvaw33 said:
How's your paint job holding up on it?

Why bother with painting it? Paint's gonna burn off anyway...

I didn't mean that. :oops: I meant the baked enamel that keeps it from rusting. How is it holding up. Mine has a thick grey baked enamel coating on it. Seems the fire doesn't burn this off thus causing it to rust out like a barrel does. I can't seem to get but about a year out of a barrel whereas I've been using this washing drum for two years now and I still got the paint on it and no sign of rust.

Oh that. :lol: It's holding up well, actually. It does seem to last a lit longer than a simple oil barrel, like you said...

flaboy

Reaction score
I'm glad to see someone else post pictures of their redneck ingenuity. :D Good job in re-cycling there. :clap:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
flaboy":3akn04mz said:
I'm glad to see someone else post pictures of their redneck ingenuity. :D

Lets just hope the boss lady doesn't start posting pics of my mishaps. :D :D :D (some parts are actually store bought)