Portable Corrals

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
What brand of corrals do some of you have? I have looked at For Most brand and several others. I really just need a tub and shute. I have panels for holding pens. I would like to have one that is goose neck style.

Priefert....have a sweep and gate that works like a dream and weathers well....

um......

New Corrals: $8000
Rent: $100 day

$8000 divided by $100 rent fee means I could rent it 80 times.

If we used it five times a year that would mean in 16 years I would have paid for a new set of corrals.

Makes more sense for our operation to just rent them. I would assume it would make more sense to just rent in MOST operations.

Co-op is responsible for the maintenance of the corrals, including welding broken pipe and tires.

IMO Renting is throwing money away. If you could build a setup you didn't have to move you could get a lot better system for $8,000. If you need a set on wheels in 16 years they would be yours. Better yet buy them and rent them out to other folks to pay for them in much less time. You could also go in with a neighbor or two and split the cost. Renting is like poking money up a wild hogs butt, you ain't gonna see it again. Course I have been called a tight-wad from time to time.

Bama":29uaocxy said:
IMO Renting is throwing money away. If you could build a setup you didn't have to move you could get a lot better system for $8,000. If you need a set on wheels in 16 years they would be yours. Better yet buy them and rent them out to other folks to pay for them in much less time. You could also go in with a neighbor or two and split the cost. Renting is like poking money up a wild hogs butt, you ain't gonna see it again. Course I have been called a tight-wad from time to time.

Buying them and renting them out to me sounds to be penny wise and pound foolish.
We just use regular corral panels and set them up where we need them and either move the squeeze to them or use a portable headgate. Doesn;t help any with the sweep and it may take a bit longer to work them. But cattle have been worked for many years iwthout a sweep.

dun

I've saw this setup. One of the local stockyards near me lets folks use them. I think its free but don't hold me to it. They are not very stought as they cant be and be portable as well. I agree with you corral panals and a headgate are a much better and a cheaper option. I know of a guy that bought a nice portable squeeze, he rents it to other folks. Biggest problem there is when he needs it, its somewhere else. If its something I wont use again it pays to rent but if its something I'm gonna use regulary I'll go ahead and buy it.

Thanks for all of your help. I have a portable shute. I really think I am going to go with just a tub and alley set up and use my panels i already have. Mix breed. I have some Preifert, WW and powder river.

I've seen them at auction bring more than a new set up. I recently sold 40 used panels that were light duty for 35.00 each. I was happy to see them leave.

A friend of mine has a Wilson portable corral that we have used a couple times. It is real nice! He also has a portable tub with a chute on the end of it. It's pretty handy to gather in to.

Latest posts