Pop Quiz - just for kicks

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1afcbjv2 said:
Beefy":1afcbjv2 said:
i thought we were supposed to shoot it?

That was my reply. Shot one last week for the same thing.

If there's no hope and it is inevitable, putting the poor fella out of his misery is the right thing to do. A man/woman should be accountable for their animals.

It just seems to me that each answer has being labeled as a "city slicker" in it. Who cares? I admire anyone who is accountable no matter where they come from. There is no need to let an animal suffer and it is no joking matter for me, personally.

I am an Engineer. Farming is a hobby and the truth doesn't hurt one little bit. Heck I am not a stock broker on Wall Street either but I own stock.

Look at it this way, when someone gets in a bind and needs help with their cows, who do they call? They call folks they can count on.

I know this is just for fun, but I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Someone who is "the proud owner of a respectable herd" and has "been in the cattle business for some time" should already have an idea of what to do. ;-)

VanC":27s2ne8s said:
I know this is just for fun, but I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Someone who is "the proud owner of a respectable herd" and has "been in the cattle business for some time" should already have an idea of what to do. ;-)

Ok, I thought I caught the subtle, or not so subtle, meaning of this quiz. Now I'm wondering...have I missed the point? Nah, I don't think so. But if I have, I'll be the first to admit it.

Alice

What letter are we up to now? G-M? I'd do E and then post the solutions and outcome on cattletoday for others to learn from.

Alice":3ppy0f66 said:
VanC":3ppy0f66 said:

Ok, I thought I caught the subtle, or not so subtle, meaning of this quiz. Now I'm wondering...have I missed the point? Nah, I don't think so. But if I have, I'll be the first to admit it.

Alice

Dang you must have followed the yellow brick road.

i dont think the answer is A, B, or C b/c it says post on the beginners board. Since this person has been in the business for a while he or she should post on the health and nutrition board.

CB

Are you trying to get enough new sayings so ol'whathis name can start a new thread with them?

Angus Guy":3cqb5r4o said:
What letter are we up to now? G-M? I'd do E and then post the solutions and outcome on cattletoday for others to learn from.

I thought we started out with BS!

dun

B and S?! i hate those type of questions where there are more than one answer. can i get half credit?

Caustic Burno":rdlbflnv said:
Alice":rdlbflnv said:
VanC":rdlbflnv said:

Alice

Dang you must have followed the yellow brick road.

Do you like rush into your computer and get on this message board and put my name into the search feature just so you can go to whatever thread I've posted on to harrass me? Good grief, all I did was have some fun with someone about a baby calf, and you maligned me and ripped me to pieces. And when I dared feed YOUR words to me back to you, "I don't give a rats *** what you think," you have hounded and harrased and insulted me beyond belief.

Leave me alone, Mr. Burno.

Alice

I wonder if this post should have started out..."Once Upon a Time"...or "No $heet, I know a guy"
Wonder why the week old calf wasn't noticed earlier...but then we have pet cows which we interact with daily and give pedicures and massages and such.
All aside, I'd have a look at the mama, see if she's milking and the calf is nursing, could need a blast of electrolites and be put on the bottle; take calf's temp this will determine a course of action. Assuming that it has shade, could be heat stressed.
Alot of "what if's"
I figure that we spent alot of time and feed getting the little bugger on the ground and it deserves our best shot at keeping it alive...if only for an economic standpoint alone.
Dave Mc

backhoeboogie":1qdqx34q said:
How about "none of the above" ???

If the calf is sick, it is hot for him too. Just take care of it. Don't call anyone.

I would have to agree.

VanC":2lhlgzl5 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! :D

Latest posts