Poor white folks......

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
Ha! Made you look! That would be the tune I might sing if I couldn't cook!
Maybe I just don't earn as much as the next dude in line but the line was not short at a local Barbq tonight! $20 did not go far! I'm sure glad the white bread & pickles were free!

Kingfisher":kfqanxsw said:
Ha! Made you look! That would be the tune I might sing if I couldn't cook!
Maybe I just don't earn as much as the next dude in line but the line was not short at a local Barbq tonight! $20 did not go far! I'm sure glad the white bread & pickles were free!

We got a place like that hear too called City Barbecue. Bread and pickles not really free you got to buy the meal then you can have all you want :lol2:

Larry

Gimme a holler when they have free pie. In all my years, I've never seen a sign that said "Free Pie--help yourself".
I could die a happy man with free pie.

Commercialfarmer":2ef3lfm1 said:
Eating BBQ can be a little painful for the pocket book these days. Never seen a place like this before, a chest full of meat and you start there. I saw a line wrapped half way down the parking lot so I tried it during off hours later.

https://burgersbarbecueandeverythingels ... idland-tx/
Cooper's BBQ in Llano, Texas is like this.Pick what you want, they pull it off the grill, cut off a chunk the size you want..mix and match the various meats....when you have all you want they weigh it and you pay by the pound. Sides if you want them are extra. On any given day there will be a line 50 yards long.

I would like to eat BBQ at one of them restaurants. I enjoy trying everything when it comes to BBQ. Around here I haven't seen any BBQ joints set up like that.

Some day, I'm going to starve myself for a few days and be in Lockhart Texas around 10am and try every bbq place in town.

Hard Eights in Stephenville is set up that way, too. Great food, and always busy. Usually several stock trailers or horse trailers in the parking lot - that's what prompted me to stop the first time. I like to miss the crowds, but it's worth the wait if I happen to get there at a busy time.