Poor Uninsured --> Health Care

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire

Reaction score
Of the percentage of poor people that don't have health insurance, what percentage have cell phones and or big screen or flat screen TVs?

HerefordSire":2tlq7szk said:
Of the percentage of poor people that don't have health insurance, what percentage have cell phones and or big screen or flat screen TVs?
about 99. 9 percent from what ive seen

I was in a store this morning and couldn't help but overhear this girl talking on her cell phone to someone asking them to lie for her so she wouldn't lose her foodstamps. She and her liberally tattooed boyfriend with the gold piercings all over bought a twelve pack of beer and a two packs of cigarrettes and walked out to a very nice car and drove away. I'd be willing to bet they had a much funner day than I did but WTH somebody's got to pay for the party.

Jogeephus":3tc6smru said:
I was in a store this morning and couldn't help but overhear this girl talking on her cell phone to someone asking them to lie for her so she wouldn't lose her foodstamps. She and her liberally tattooed boyfriend with the gold piercings all over bought a twelve pack of beer and a two packs of cigarrettes and walked out to a very nice car and drove away. I'd be willing to bet they had a much funner day than I did but WTH somebody's got to pay for the party.

if you can't beat them join them...and thats just what i'm going to do
i guarantee when i get my business in order, i'm not going to pay for the party
i won't qualify for the perks but at least i won't have to pay for it.

cross_7":36cukv0g said:
Jogeephus":36cukv0g said:

if you can't beat them join them...and thats just what i'm going to do
i guarantee when i get my business in order, i'm not going to pay for the party
i won't qualify for the perks but at least i won't have to pay for it.

Sounds like the old carrot in front of the mule trick ain't working for you neither. Same here. But if we were broad minded we would see that they were paying taxes as well when they bought the beer and the cigs. Oh, I forgot to mention it was 8 oclock in the morning. Bet things are pretty lively about now.

HerefordSire":2waix3h8 said:

You guys are pretty disgusting, IMO. My landline costs over $50 a month. My cell phone costs are $26 per phone number. If I lived in town, you can bet I wouldn't bother with a landline, but cell phone reception out here isn't always the best. In fact, if I lived in town, I'd have a pre-paid cell phone. For the minutes I use, they're actually cheaper.

Does it bother you that poor people have running water and electricity, too? How dare they! Perhaps you can petition your state to ensure that if a person can't/won't get a job, they should not be allowed to go out in public where you have to look at them? :roll:

Let's just start drug testing everyone that receives any check or benefit from my taxpaying dollars. We can start with the prez, the congress, the senate, and come right down to the local levels.

1 strike and you're out (off) the programs forever.

I figure food, shelter, clothing, and health care come before a phone. If I choose to get a phone before health care, and you pay for my health care, aren't you really paying for my phone?

Frankie":3l6igxaf said:
HerefordSire":3l6igxaf said:

You guys are pretty disgusting, IMO. My landline costs over $50 a month. My cell phone costs are $26 per phone number. If I lived in town, you can bet I wouldn't bother with a landline, but cell phone reception out here isn't always the best. In fact, if I lived in town, I'd have a pre-paid cell phone. For the minutes I use, they're actually cheaper.

Does it bother you that poor people have running water and electricity, too? How dare they! Perhaps you can petition your state to ensure that if a person can't/won't get a job, they should not be allowed to go out in public where you have to look at them? :roll:
sorry too late,, their out there for all too see.. reproducing like rats.. while we pick up the tab

HerefordSire":2g8y601u said:
I figure food, shelter, clothing, and health care come before a phone. If I choose to get a phone before health care, and you pay for my health care, aren't you really paying for my phone?

Just goes to show you that you're not as smart as you think you are.

The correct order for much of society is as follows:

1. Malt liquor money (beer)
2. Cell phone money
3. Dope money
4. Tennis shoes
5. Bicycle
6. "Wife Beater" t-shirts
7. Pants that hang down so low off your arse that your drawers show.
8. Baseball style cap (special order type with the bill that's on the side, not the front)
9. Censored

Just my short list....

We're paying all right. More than most people know.

One more sanity check...does running water and electricity have a higher priority than health care?

Food, shelter, clothing and health care, then running water and electricity, right?

Frankie":sqkpgj5u said:
HerefordSire":sqkpgj5u said:

I think they are just realistic, not disgusting.
Welfare is a poor life, but some folks quickly adjust to low expectations. Getting a real job just doesn't enter the picture because you give up your entitlements when you get a job.
I'm liberal in the sense that I don't want anyone to starve. Conservative in that I think a couple folks starving would motivate a lot of other folks.
The person who can say "I pay my own way" is the happier person. Welfare traps a lot of people who think they cannot pay their own way. Some of them are flat lazy, some are just insecure.
I favor some weaning, even if it meant a lot of plaintive bawling. I have weaned several calves. The trend is to add more folks to the recipient rolls and that doesn't help anyone.
JMO, :)

HerefordSire":26q0eyf4 said:
One more sanity check...does running water and electricity have a higher priority than health care?

Food, shelter, clothing and health care, then running water and electricity, right?

You so funny :D

grannysoo":1uiskkd7 said:
HerefordSire":1uiskkd7 said:

Am I confused with priorities?

For example, if you pay for my health care, does that mean you have to pay my water bill and electric bill and my health care bill or just my health care bill?

HerefordSire":1xotaj49 said:
grannysoo":1xotaj49 said:
HerefordSire":1xotaj49 said:

Am I confused with priorities?

For example, if you pay for my health care, does that mean you have to pay my water bill and electric bill and my health care bill or just my health care bill?
no that's figured in with the rent

I thought food is my #1 priority to live followed by shelter and clothing. I can get my food stamps terminated but I can still get health care paid? If so, health care would be the #1 priority for me to survive, correct?

Latest posts