poor summer calves

Help Support CattleToday:

txag

Reaction score
here are some of those poor summer calves (with no creep). as you can tell, the cows are in pretty sorry condition as well.

i don't know. they might get shipping fever & die on the way :lol: :lol:

txag":ttpxucn9 said:
here are some of those poor summer calves (with no creep). as you can tell, the cows are in pretty sorry condition as well.

pair2.jpg

pair1.jpg

Txag look in bad shape I'm on the way to your house. I believe I can save those sorry herefors by putting them with some of mine. You should recognize the cow in the pic came from across the fence.

May23037.jpg

lol.. you must be going to keep her for a replacement! Otherwise she'd bring good $$ at the auction barn right now!

txag":nn6o0ut2 said:
i don't know. they might get shipping fever & die on the way :lol: :lol:

If thats aimed at me- GTH
The guy asked what we liked or disliked and I answered- Won't happen again.

Howdyjabo":pnab2bnt said:

Don't let it get to you. I'm fairly sure that the comments and photos were meant in fun/humor, if they weren't, they should have been.
Besides, it give folks a chance to show off their animals, and that's alwasy a good thing.

dun

dun":13kzktyi said:
Howdyjabo":13kzktyi said:

Don't let it get to you. I'm fairly sure that the comments and photos were meant in fun/humor, if they weren't, they should have been.
Besides, it give folks a chance to show off their animals, and that's alwasy a good thing.

dun

yes, dun, they were in humor....notice the smilies? apparently some folks can't take a joke. it was originally posted in response to the summer vs winter calf discussion & just thought i'd throw in about the shipping fever because reading that post last night was the first time i'd heard such a remark about herefords & thought it was kind of humorous. order buyers around here don't have a problem buying herefords.

txag":2wuicg6w said:
dun":2wuicg6w said:
Howdyjabo":2wuicg6w said:

dun

yes, dun, they were in humor....notice the smilies? apparently some folks can't take a joke. it was originally posted in response to the summer vs winter calf discussion & just thought i'd throw in about the shipping fever because reading that post last night was the first time i'd heard such a remark about herefords & thought it was kind of humorous. order buyers around here don't have a problem buying herefords.

Several years ago I picked up a very nice yearling Polled Hereford heifer at the sale barn for $180. They hate Herefords around here. She prolapsed but before she did she contributied two excellent F1 daughters and now 2 grandaughters.
The regional preferences are alwasy of interest. At normal sales at Joplin, eared cattle don't do very well. But if the parking lot has a bunch of pots with OK and TX tags and names, they sell just as well as anything else of like qualities.

dun

I can take a joke- But I'm NOT a joke.

You DIDN"T Challenge my opinion- you turned it into a joke- thats insulting.

Dang, y'all are getting as bad as a bunch of grandparents pulling out pics of grandkids. Easy for me to say, I haven't sprung for a digital camera yet.

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":1loo5buk said:
Dang, y'all are getting as bad as a bunch of grandparents pulling out pics of grandkids. Easy for me to say, I haven't sprung for a digital camera yet.

Craig-TX

mine's not digital, either. i scan.

What Dun said about Herefords in this area is correct. They hammer anything that looks full blood hereford.
Here in SW missouri they call them "range maggots"
I think there reasoning is the fact that there are still old time inbred herds in this area, Hillbillys hate change.
There are also some of the best herefords in the breed in this area.
I presently have a hereford bull that out preforms an Angus and a Black Gelbvieh that we also are using now.
Trouble is the !5% or so that come out looking like a Hereford.
Same cattle, different coloring, Different prices.
The black baldys make up for the difference.
Hillbilly

hillbilly":ecgnb4hp said:
Hillbilly

That's what I refer to sheep as. They're the right color and look

dun

hillbilly":r1vrpvyc said:
What Dun said about Herefords in this area is correct. They hammer anything that looks full blood hereford.
I think there reasoning is the fact that there are still old time inbred herds in this area, Hillbillys hate change.
There are also some of the best herefords in the breed in this area.
I presently have a hereford bull that out preforms an Angus and a Black Gelbvieh that we also are using now.
Trouble is the !5% or so that come out looking like a Hereford.
Same cattle, different coloring, Different prices.
The black baldys make up for the difference.
Hillbilly

Same thing around here on gray Brahman influenced cattle, stupidity at its best. I haven't seen many breeds that aren't good looking cattle, just poorly managed cattle. Around here they want Angus, Hereford influenced cattle.

Latest posts