"Poor Folks Have Poor Ways"

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S

Reaction score
A bull (that took a ride to the auction barn earlier today) jumped on, and then over, this gate. Twice. I figured it was ruined until I thought of turning it over and re-hanging it. I didn't even have to move the pins. I was rather proud of myself.

This title would make for a good pic thread theme! There would have to be a no limit on pics, as I would have a hard time deciding which to submit.

If I have heard my Grandpa say that phrase once, I've heard it a thousand times. Him and his brother were very good at making do.

Good job RS.

Rafter S":1qpwli24 said:
A bull (that took a ride to the auction barn earlier today) jumped on, and then over, this gate. Twice. I figured it was ruined until I thought of turning it over and re-hanging it. I didn't even have to move the pins. I was rather proud of myself.

:clap: Congrats! I'll have to remember that trick. "Poor folks have poor ways" = "A penny saved is a penny earned" One of my all-time favorite quotes. :D

Rafter S":1t42wnly said:

Now everyone will think the bull crawled out under the gate. :lol: :lol:

talltimber":3u4m7rsj said:
This title would make for a good pic thread theme! There would have to be a no limit on pics, as I would have a hard time deciding which to submit.
or subject for photo contest...........

Rafter S":1nzf9hj6 said:

I not real sold on this poor play I am leaning more toward Rafterstien.
I got some Brimmers that just as soon go under versus over

Caustic Burno":j1t1pqru said:
Rafter S":j1t1pqru said:

I not real sold on this poor play I am leaning more toward Rafterstien.
I got some Brimmers that just as soon go under versus over

Used to hang those lometa gates about a foot off the ground. Seen more than a few a twisted mess where the bull got his head under it.

kenny thomas":3kxmd3nt said:
After a gate gets pretty busted up i still keep them around to use as a temporary fix when I,get a hole in the fence.

We use old, beat up gates & panels all the time, actually keep some in the ditch near the crossroads of 3 of our pastures. If we want to move cattle from one pasture to another we secure the old ones to the gates with baling wire as a temporary alley. Likewise if we need to catch/load from one of those pastures we will create a temporary corral.

talltimber":1erllqoc said:

If I have heard my Grandpa say that phrase once, I've heard it a thousand times. Him and his brother were very good at making do.

One I read here at CT, and always seen used in a kind of sarcastic way was:

"Ya can't hide money"

My father once said it when we drove by a house with a falling down porch and 1/2 doz old cars up on blocks in the yard and a gutted console tv for a doghouse.

greybeard":1f90g3tn said:
talltimber":1f90g3tn said:
or subject for photo contest...........

Maybe Allison will see this and agree.

Latest posts