Poor Daughter

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
We were coming back from my folks place and half way home she says her right eye lid was bothering her. I looked but could not see anything.
She got up this morning and her eye lid is swollen almost all the way shut.
Calling the local clinic to see if I can get her in to be seen.

It is not pink eye because her eye ball is not red nor is her eye weeping.

My eyes do this when i come across something in the air i'm allergic to. I have never pinpointed to what i'm allergic to, but i know when its floating in the air. At first i feel like i have something in my eye. It will bother me for a while and then swell up. It never really last very long, maybe a day or two..

PLEASE take her to the emergency room immediately. I have seen these type of things get into some serious conditions. PLEASE I will not go into what "could" happen with this, based on things I have seen in the past. I have been a Registered Nurse for 24 years with extensive experience in critical care and emergency room. Take her now. Eyes and eyelids cannot wait, especially in a kiddo.

Called the clinic and they said they could not see her.
Hubby had already left for town by the time I heard that. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Going to take her to the walk in clinic 70 miles away.

It is not allergies. It has only affected one eye and there is some warmth there. The swelling has gone down a bit, but still concerned.

Mine only happens in one eye, so maybe i dont get allergies...Sometimes my eyeball bubbles up too. Looks like it could never take back its normal shape, but always seems to go back to normal as quick as it popped up.
Fill us in on what the doctors come up with...

Waiting for daughter to come back from feeding her steer then I plan to head for that clinic to have it checked out. Will let everyone know what it is.

Nope not a sty. I have had sty's and pink eye this is not one of them. I had looked for a sty first.

She has an infection in her eye lid. No idea how that happened. Doc gave her some antibiotics and we also picked up some yogurt.
She has already taken her first dose.

Please watch her eyelid closely. Ocular cellulitis is a very serious but uncommon problem. It can rapidly lead to potentially fatal conditions which i have seen firsthand. If the area is not improving within 24 hrs, take her back to the ER! I would feel better if it were my daughter, to have her on IV antibiotics, personally. But I can't see it in person to truly evaluate it.

Hook no sty. I looked the doctor looked and said no sign of a sty. No idea how she got this infection.

Lauralees the swelling has already started going down. Within the first dose of antibiotics last night we could already see it had gone down. If you get anywhere near her with an IV better have some good ear protection on or you will not be able to hear for a few hours. Rather funny you are an RN and I am an AEMT or EMT-B depending upon our State. :D

BB she is feeling better. Warned her to not be out in the sun for a long time though.

I luv herfrds":29mv1orj said:
Hook no sty. I looked the doctor looked and said no sign of a sty. No idea how she got this infection.

Lauralees the swelling has already started going down. Within the first dose of antibiotics last night we could already see it had gone down. If you get anywhere near her with an IV better have some good ear protection on or you will not be able to hear for a few hours. Rather funny you are an RN and I am an AEMT or EMT-B depending upon our State. :D

BB she is feeling better. Warned her to not be out in the sun for a long time though.

I have a problem like that about every year in April... I end up with my eyes swelling shut and cellulitis on my face/around the eye... It is an allergic reaction to something, but so far we have been unable to find out what... Last set of allergy tests indicated the only thing I was allergic to was cows :shock: :shock: But I'm convinced we are missing some weed or something which makes it manifest itself in April...So far as soon as I feel it coming on- a 10 day dose of prednisone and antibiotics seems to take care of it quick..

This is the first time she had this happen.
Going in for the follow up today. OT we were in Billings so trying to narrow down any allergy there we would need a miracle! Only things different there is my folks have linden trees in their yard.

Looking 100% better.

What i think causes mine is either cottonwood trees or mimosas, it always seems to happen around the times these are blooming. My eye or eyes can get really ugly looking. Sometimes i just feel like i have something stuck in my eye and no swelling and sometimes everything and my eyeball swell...no rhyme or reason to it.

Everything is good. Pharmacy was out of her antibiotics still so they are going to mail what was left of the prescription. She is not out yet.

Latest posts