Poopy Head

Help Support CattleToday:

Wish he had a better top line. Other than that he is a good calf who has a lot of growth and a lot of potential.

Hoss, that is a really nice bull calf. For a five month, you should be proud. I can't say anything bad about that bull. I can see he is forming a strong loin muscle across his back, as it makes it look uneven, but I had rather it be that way than just straight and less muscled by a mile. I like that in a bull. He has huge forearms for a baby. Very nice Hoss!

Pic of Poopy head now at 6 months. I'm guessing him to weigh in the high sevens. Sloppy sheath but he will be a meat wagon. My customer who has spoken for him is excited about taking delivery when he is weaned.

branguscowgirl":14cspzk1 said:
He looks great Hoss!
Looks like he could be weaned now. :hide:
Momma is in excellent condition and plenty fat. I'll pull him in a week or so. I might as well take advantage of those cheap pounds from momma.

HOSS":2apz3leq said:
branguscowgirl":2apz3leq said:
He looks great Hoss!
Momma is in excellent condition and plenty fat. I'll pull him in a week or so. I might as well take advantage of those cheap pounds from momma.
Your right. I just hate to see when those big bull calves are butting mamma in the gut when their nursing......That's when I start to pull mine, when they look like the could do some damage.

branguscowgirl":1kliz30w said:
HOSS":1kliz30w said:
branguscowgirl":1kliz30w said:
He looks great Hoss!
Your right. I just hate to see when those big bull calves are butting mamma in the gut when their nursing......That's when I start to pull mine, when they look like the could do some damage.
branguscowgirl-

You are right! This is what I consider "Optimal Cattle Management Protocol"!

DOC HARRIS