Polygamists in TX...this pic says it all for me

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim62":3mrqm0ad said:
There's no doubt in my mind that these people are everything you say they are, and I agree generally.

But, there's a right way and a wrong way to handle something like this, and the way they handled this one stunk to high heaven from day #1 .

CPS says these children were ALL being abused. If CPS thought they were screwed up before, wonder what they think now? Surely being snatched away from your family and being bussed all over the state was not very traumatic for them.

I've never had any dealings with CPS, incidentally, but from all I know about their operations, it is the one agency with which you are guilty unless and until you can prove your innocence.

I have had dealings with CPS, professionally, and I worked for APS, Adult Protective Services. You have to understand, CPS has come under fire recently for not having enough staff, for turnover, for failing to deal with neglect and abuse issues until it was too late... In fact, I used to say that a child had to be near dead before it could be removed from a home. It is a hard job that I would never do, and I saw some rough things working for APS. You have to deal with angry people every day. People tend not to do the job for very long. Plus, our wonderful Gov Perry froze hiring and salaries for both agencies in 2001, I believe, and didn't end the freeze until right before the last Gov race. Go figure.

And workers are not making a lot of money. Believe me. I started at APS making about 27k a year, give or take. You earn that money, too.

This is probably a knee jerk reaction on their parts, but you have to understand that it is a damed if you do a damed if you don't thing. If the state had done nothing, then we'd all be on here blaming them for allowing child abuse to go on in those places. This is a no win for everyone, I fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts