Polled Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Anybody got anything positive to say about Polled Hereford's? I've heard a lot of negatives and would like to hear from some who have first hand knowledge...thanks!

[email protected]

> Anybody got anything positive to
> say about Polled Hereford's? I've
> heard a lot of negatives and would
> like to hear from some who have
> first hand knowledge...thanks!

Herefords handle bitter cold winter weather very well. They are also very good and getting out and searching for food in areas where grass in minimal (i.e. desert conditions).

Good rustlers, fertile, excellent maternal instincts and traits, adequate milkers, no more prone to pink eye then other breeds if properly managed, gentle almost to a fault, cross excellent with almost any breed. May not have the marbling of an angus but do well enough to grade low choice in most cases.

dun

>they can handle the heat better in the summer than black cattle, they don't atrack flys as bad as black cattle either. you don't have to worry about dehorning. angus, hereford, and angus/hereford cross will grade out quicker than your british breeds and eared cattle so you don't have to feed them as long. the buyers will pay more for these breeds when you sell them because they grade out quickly

[email protected]

We have a small herd of Polled Hereford. I would like to say I think they are an excellent breed, and also one of the prettiest to look at ( can tell i'm female huh! only a female would go for looks hah, hah) Can't say i've tasted any better meat. People seem to pick a breed and promote them which is fine, there is something great in every breed as well as flaws. But hands down there my favorite.

[email protected]

> We have a small herd of Polled
> Hereford. I would like to say I
> think they are an excellent breed,
> and also one of the prettiest to
> look at ( can tell i'm female huh!
> only a female would go for looks
> hah, hah) Can't say i've tasted
> any better meat. People seem to
> pick a breed and promote them
> which is fine, there is something
> great in every breed as well as
> flaws. But hands down there my
> favorite. ilike them too but the gene pool inour aea is to shallow and it is hard to find quality animals. yet you cross them and take awhite fae cross to the sale and they sell good.

[email protected]

Latest posts