polled herefords mature weight

Help Support CattleToday:

it can vary depending on lots of things.....bloodlines, environment, feed, etc. anywhere from 800 lbs to 2000 lbs. :lol:

Registered Polled Hereford Cows should run 1400 to 1700 and bulls 2000 to 2600. Of course there are exceptions.

Hope this helps.

Depends on enviroment Nothern tend to run larger , I consider the perfect cow at 1200 lbs and a large bull at 2000, of course some of our northern friends would consider this small. This girl is a 1200 lb model.
nov71.jpg
[/img]

Campground Cattle":3grh6z6p said:
Depends on enviroment Nothern tend to run larger , I consider the perfect cow at 1200 lbs and a large bull at 2000, of course some of our northern friends would consider this small. This girl is a 1200 lb model.
nov71.jpg
[/img]

Nice looking cow. You think I could borrow her for about 5 years? Maybe a couple more too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Brad you probably should stay away from these sickly old Herefords

Forgot to add Brad she has a three month old heifer on her pulling her down.

Yep, glad to know she has a calf. I was gonna say she looked like she needed some extra feed. :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't mind having a pasture full that looked like her.

Campground Cattle said:

Good looking cow.

....and may I add here that I will be the VERY PROUD owner of this gal's 2004 heifer calf when she weans in Jan/Feb too! :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you, CC!! I'll take your "culls" any day of the week!!

TR":2eiynihl said:
....and may I add here that I will be the VERY PROUD owner of this gal's 2004 heifer calf when she weans in Jan/Feb too! :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you, CC!! I'll take your "culls" any day of the week!!
Hey TR
Something tells me that you're happy with your dealings with Campground :lol:
By the way, that's a nice colt for your Avatar

TR":19qbf06d said:

Well here are your heifers TR

Nov7.jpg
[/img]

Campground Cattle":7q9b97vr said:
TR":7q9b97vr said:

Well here are your heifers TR

Nov7.jpg
[/img]

Yup, there's number 2 of the trio! :D Purty, purty girlie at 3 mos too! I can hardly wait to get her out here, but I'm gonna have to move the cross breeds out as she'll make them look really bad! :lol:

Campground Cattle":1ih040gn said:

Nice heifers there, Campground. What do you do to get 'em painted up on the legs like that?
Maybe a little Guernsey helps with your weaning and milk epd's, huh? Sure makes 'em purty!

la4angus":6f54paof said:
TR":6f54paof said:

Hey TR
Something tells me that you're happy with your dealings with Campground :lol:
By the way, that's a nice colt for your Avatar

That I am, LA, that I am! And I'll tell you what.....I'll make you one heck of a deal on that colt for your new grandson! By the time he's old enough to ride, this colt ought to have all the silliness outta him! :lol: :lol:

Texan":3nhw5tv0 said:
Nice heifers there, Campground. What do you do to get 'em painted up on the legs like that?
Maybe a little Guernsey helps with your weaning and milk epd's, huh? Sure makes 'em purty!

The paint brush I use is a Braxton Giant

nov72.jpg
[/img]

Very nice-looking cattle, CC. It is a fact that the 1200 pound cow and 1800-2200 pound bull produce the steer that finishes at the 1200 pound weight and fits the packers' box.