Polled Hereford---Horned Hereford

Help Support CattleToday:

Type in POlled Hereford History on Google or something similar.

talldog":3vx62y4c said:
Other than the Horns, are they the same ??? :?:
back when i was using hereford bull's on brahman cows , there was a saying that when they bred the horns off the ass went with it, might have been the single selection for polled ,, but there's alot of good polled bulls out there now, that id use in a second if i were doing that over again, infact id only use a polled in a F1 program ....

Horned Herefords are rancher cattle....Polled Herefords are farmer cattle....In my opinion they have ruined many horned cattle by breeding them to Polled bulls.....It certainly helped the polled cattle though...

giftedcowboy":19rky84s said:
Horned Herefords are rancher cattle....Polled Herefords are farmer cattle....In my opinion they have ruined many horned cattle by breeding them to Polled bulls.....It certainly helped the polled cattle though...

eaaaasy now....

We have used both Polled and Horned. I lent my horned bull to a friend and bought a polled bull for this year. I am using him on my F1- BrahmanXHorned Hereford Crosses and my purebred Brahmans. I love the fact that I dont have to deal with dehorning. Make sure you find a good polled bull of course.

Aaron":xyf3uec3 said:
talldog":xyf3uec3 said:
Other than the Horns, are they the same ??? :?:

Nope. Like Chevy and GMC. Look the same on the outside, but totally different interior and resale value. :cowboy:
not here, they both bring about the same no matter how good....

Maybe a little of both. Here is a short list of scurred bulls that have had a large influence on the breed.

OR DOM 549 F243; MSU PROSPECTOR 508; SKYWALKER D103 08N; LS BEAU VICTOR 1 30; ANHINGA VIC 69R 579; KCF VICTOR O8N X4; JR P183 RIVAL T205; BHF BANNER KING 16J; REMITTAL KEYNOTE 20X

See Witherspoons' Nizhoni Herefords for a good description on scurred bulls.

http://www.witherspoonsherefords.com/WNH_WEB7.HTM

Latest posts