Polled Hereford Bull - Knightforce

Help Support CattleToday:

Strawk

Reaction score
Good morning, all-

Does anyone know anything about the Polled Hereford bull Knightforce? I believe he was an active stud bull in the late 1980's or early 1990's, but I could be wrong. I have a number of canes full of his semen that was given to me with a purchase of some cattle. To my knowledge, it has always been kept properly stored. I am wondering whether I should go ahead and arrange to do motility/morphology tests on it, or if the genetics are too outdated.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide,

Ken

Hello Ken and welcome, I can't help you any on the bull, but on the motility test I may. A few years ago I let my tank get down to what I thought was way to low, so I call a Vet and asked if I could bring him a straw (of my cheapest semen) and have him but it under his microscope. Not a problem and he did it for free, it took just a few minutes.... and the semen was good lots of swimmers and no dead ones we could see, he even let me take a look.

Alan

Is it this bull?..........

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 0&9=5D5B5D

The MSU Knight Ryder (this bull's grandsire) line fell out of favor because many of the daughters had notoriously small tight udders and were often really poor milkers. They also tended to be exceptionally big framed and were a little lacking in rib depth, spring of rib, and overall capacity for such long, tall animals. Of course this bull also traces back to Enforcer and Big Northern so it really does have multiple different Hereford phenotypes there. IT does look like like a breeder who was chasing frame though.

We could be talking about different bulls though, Knight Force really just stands for Knight Ryder times Enforcer and I am sure that was done a bunch of times in the 90s.

Latest posts