• 5)

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 6)

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 7)

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We lived in the Ticin.. hay was brought down by hand.. big bundles on their back.. and some of these were 80 year old ladies doing it, ate nothing but vegetable soup... They ain't built that way anymore!

Nesikep":4df8gmrp said:
Missed page 2.. what breed of cows are those?
I really don't know. We were hiking and came upon them. A very mixed color, shaggy lot!
And your descriptions of the hay carrying hurts my back to even think of. I don't think any of us could live how our folks even a few generations' back did. I know I couldn't

boondocks":3kjq9oy7 said:
Nesikep":3kjq9oy7 said:
I really don't know. We were hiking and came upon them. A very mixed color, shaggy lot!
And your descriptions of the hay carrying hurts my back to even think of. I don't think any of us could live how our folks even a few generations' back did. I know I couldn't

Besides all the hard work and eating all that pork and everything cooked in hog lard will kill you. Got my great grandma at 104.

Caustic Burno":406xh7vj said:
boondocks":406xh7vj said:
Nesikep":406xh7vj said:

Besides all the hard work and eating all that pork and everything cooked in hog lard will kill you. Got my great grandma at 104.

Yup. My 4 grandparents' average age at time of death was 90.5. The shortest life span was 89. They all stayed extremely active as they aged though, and none smoked or drank. They were also lucky to have good healthcare and modern medicine. Going back a generation or two, though--different story. Many died young.

P1010763.jpg