Poll: Should capital punishment be law?

Help Support CattleToday:

purecountry

Reaction score
Too many stories lately in the news have been driving me nuts. I'm just wonderin' what everyone's opinion is.

I say hang em' high. As long as there is no doubt, that the person is guilty, meaning that there is no DNA evidence that has been un-explored, etc. Keeping these Mongrels up at 30,000.00 per year is totally unacceptable.What about the victims? Some of them are out lived by the guilty awaiting execution on death row.

So long as the person has been proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt, you betcha! I'm getting a little tired of convicted criminals being released due to overcrowding only to re-commit.

I have always said first offense cut the right hand off second time cut the left one off. And not let them have an artifcial one. After their family has to take care of them a while you could rest assured no one else in that family would do anything. For murder bring back public hanging.

lcupit":2uegqatb said:
I have always said first offense cut the right hand off second time cut the left one off. And not let them have an artifcial one. After their family has to take care of them a while you could rest assured no one else in that family would do anything. For murder bring back public hanging.
Put one public hanging on National Television, not pay per view or any of that crap, and let the hoodlums see which way they're gonna swing if they keep up their wicked ways, and as the neck vertabraes pop, they might think twice about hurting someone.I'm tired of seeing the bad guy have more rights than the victims, and the lard wallering Lawyers get Fatter and Fatter.

I agree with the punishment, but not the broadcasting. There was a godo reason why they quit. The worst thing I ever saw was a video called "Faces of Death". Showed actual executions and such. One real life electricution and a man getting drawed and quartered. Not for any ones eyes.

Scotty

Scotty":2cjr1fwl said:
I agree with the punishment, but not the broadcasting. There was a godo reason why they quit. The worst thing I ever saw was a video called "Faces of Death". Showed actual executions and such. One real life electricution and a man getting drawed and quartered. Not for any ones eyes.

Scotty
Scotty, Those series of videos were proven to be fakes years ago. I liked the one where the guys locked the monkey's head in a table and ate his brains. Real Intelligence. :shock:

Scotty":2nefvtqn said:

Scotty

Scotty what better way to deter crime? kind of like the old eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth theory of Hamurabi's...

Capital punishment for sure. A couple of these guys up here just spend their time using up legal aid on appeals that only hurt the families of the victims as it gets re-hashed over and over. We used to have the lash up here, too, and alot of oldtimers tell me that it really straightened guys out. Very little risk to re-offend. Seems alot of times these days, the prisoners get treated better than the victims and their families. Posh prisons with steak a couple times a week prepared by professional chefs. What kind of punishment is that? Up here, alot of them seem to just commit a bad enough offense to stay in for the winter so they can be nice and warm. Time to get tough on these criminals. Hang 'Em High, I say.

Sure we need the death penalty. But more so we need to enforce it. A confessed child rapist or murder shouldn't last longer than 15 minutes after the confession. They hang around after the trial long enough that to a young person it looks like a lifetime. 15 years of appeals my a**. We shouldn't have to feed'em and provide medical care for them. Find a match for some good law abiding citizen that needs a kidney or a heart and use the parts for them.

ctlbaron":78d3s6b1 said:
Sure we need the death penalty. But more so we need to enforce it.

One case I'm intimately involved with was a guy that was sentenced to death in 1981 in CA. He still sits on deathrow. That's almost as big a crime as what he was convicted of.

dun

In canada we havent had the death penalty for years--funny how my opinions have changed over the years I guess IM in favor of it. But Im sure not able to pull the switch so, I guess if I cant do it. I have no right to ask someone to do my dirty work

Carlos D.":2nqlwu8n said:
In canada we havent had the death penalty for years--funny how my opinions have changed over the years I guess IM in favor of it.

My bro was against it too, thought it was barbarick(sp). His point of view cahnged when his son was kidnapped, murdered and dismembered.

dun

I think they should auction off the right to pull the switch, inject the needle, or pull the lever.

We have the three strike rule down here. Supposedly after three strikes you go to jail never to get out. I just heard on TV the other day where a guy that had been arrested and gone to jail(prison) six times was just arrested again. I guess the three strike rule only applies if you are white huh?

As soon as it's proven that the person did the crime, it's time to put the criminal to death. It needs to be absolutely certain. We don't need to be feeding and keeping these pieces of **** up so that they can enjoy cable TV and put themselves through law school at our expense. We don't need to keep running them through all of these appeals and postponing their deaths. I still believe in the Old Testament-an eye for an eye. Either by hanging or firing squad. Freaks who do things to kids, they need to die immediately. There's no excuse for that. I don't want to hear that they had a hard upbringing or were mistreated as a child themselves-they may have been but that's just tough. That doesn't justify ever doing anything to a child. I'm not saying that I want to actually be the one who does the execution but there are people who apply for those jobs. You would know what's entailed when you take that type of position. If I applied for a job at a prison I would know up front that I may be required to kill worthless slime.