Poll: Priorities

Help Support CattleToday:

Poll: Priorities

• Food, Shelter, Clothing, Health Care, Running Water, Electricity, Phone, Television

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Health Care, Food, Shelter, Clothing, Running Water, Electricity, Phone, Television

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Food, Health Care, Shelter, Clothing, Running Water, Electricity, Phone, Television

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Shelter, Health Care, Food, Clothing, Running Water, Electricity, Phone, Television

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clothing, Health Care, Food, Shelter, Running Water, Electricity, Phone, Television

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Described in a post reply.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Jogeephus":2c404vap said:
I was getting the impression these were constitutional rights. Have I missed something?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Whatever the real priority order is, don't you think everyting listed before health care should be paid for also? After all, priorities are priorities. It wouldn't make sense to have it any other way. Agree?

I didn't vote because I think you need another option. Food, Shelter, Water, Electricity, Health Care, Phone, TV. That makes more sense to me.

Also, your health care should say health insurance if that is what you mean. You can go get health care anytime you want without insurance. ;-)

HerefordSire":mj1oeyi8 said:
Jogeephus":mj1oeyi8 said:
I was getting the impression these were constitutional rights. Have I missed something?

Whatever the real priority order is, don't you think everyting listed before health care should be paid for also? After all, priorities are priorities. It wouldn't make sense to have it any other way. Agree?

Now that's a loaded question if I ever saw one. I'm guessing you want me to get this thread locked. I'll try not to by saying I'm in the middle of the road on this thing and I think black angus cows are the best thing since sliced bread. I also think everyone should be able to afford proper health care based upon their means. I believe we should help the poor by doing just what we are doing. Providing free educational opportunities, babysitting for the parents in school, and so on. But there is a point where every able bodied person needs to be weaned.

Darn it,I missvoted------Not near enough tea this morning--Can I get a "do~over"??

RD-Sam":y9d7hxy6 said:
I didn't vote because I think you need another option. Food, Shelter, Water, Electricity, Health Care, Phone, TV. That makes more sense to me.

Also, your health care should say health insurance if that is what you mean. You can go get health care anytime you want without insurance. ;-)

I am referring to health care, not health insurance. When I wrote water, I was referring to running water. I can live without electricity. Many poor people go without running water and electricity every day. This could increase health care costs. It could be more cost effective to pay for all my running water and electricity, along with food and shelter if you are going to pay my health care. Don't forget, health care can refer to mental health so tack on phone and television.

Jogeephus":j3ytdutt said:
HerefordSire":j3ytdutt said:
Jogeephus":j3ytdutt said:

Now that's a loaded question if I ever saw one. I'm guessing you want me to get this thread locked. I'll try not to by saying I'm in the middle of the road on this thing and I think black angus cows are the best thing since sliced bread. I also think everyone should be able to afford proper health care based upon their means. I believe we should help the poor by doing just what we are doing. Providing free educational opportunities, babysitting for the parents in school, and so on. But there is a point where every able bodied person needs to be weaned.

I am only trying to understand what the ramifications are for free health care for the needy. For example, if a US citizen gets food stamps because it is an important priority to survive, than anything classified as more important than food should be paid for also. If food is the most important and then shelter, and you pay for my health care, shouldn't you also pay for my food and shelter if food and shelter is more important to survive than health care?

HerefordSire":pqg01ok8 said:
RD-Sam":pqg01ok8 said:

I am referring to health care, not health insurance. When I wrote water, I was referring to running water. I can live without electricity. Many poor people go without running water and electricity every day. This could increase health care costs. It could be more cost effective to pay for all my running water and electricity, along with food and shelter if you are going to pay my health care. Don't forget, health care can refer to mental health so tack on phone and television.

Can wimmen be added to the list. They could help me feel better!!

jw":2fjgnqlz said:
HerefordSire":2fjgnqlz said:
RD-Sam":2fjgnqlz said:

Can wimmen be added to the list. They could help me feel better!!

Good point! Is a person mentally healthy when not having a mate? In other words, should health care cover companionship and or loneliness?

Don't particularly care about the companionship, but for a small federal grant I think of lot of wimmen would take care of the loneliness!!

HerefordSire":1lvt2n8s said:
RD-Sam":1lvt2n8s said:

Without running water you run a greater risk of contracting a disease, due to many sanitary reasons. So I feel running water comes before health care.

RD-Sam":1e193kzx said:
HerefordSire":1e193kzx said:
RD-Sam":1e193kzx said:

Without running water you run a greater risk of contracting a disease, due to many sanitary reasons. So I feel running water comes before health care.

That is almost exactly what my point is. All the items I have listed may be necessary for mental and or physical health. If they are, shouldn't you pay the item for me also along with health care, or would you rather pay the higher health care bill? No matter what your answer is, there are many items related to health care that is not being figured and budgeted. Don't you agree?

HerefordSire":1uuf4wg1 said:
No matter what your answer is, there are many items related to health care that is not being figured and budgeted. Don't you agree?

Figures do not lie, however......

Liars do figure.

jw":i93432t6 said:
Don't particularly care about the companionship, but for a small federal grant I think of lot of wimmen would take care of the loneliness!!

I want you to agree what you are willing to pay me for. Do you want me in a psychiatric hospital that charges you $1,000 per day or would you rather find me some companionship?

HerefordSire":14hwuef8 said:
RD-Sam":14hwuef8 said:
HerefordSire":14hwuef8 said:

That is almost exactly what my point is. All the items I have listed may be necessary for mental and or physical health. If they are, shouldn't you pay the item for me also along with health care, or would you rather pay the higher health care bill? No matter what your answer is, there are many items related to health care that is not being figured and budgeted. Don't you agree?[/quote]

If I had to pay for something, I would rather pay for food, water, shelter and electricity. I would just rather take my chances on you ending up healthy if taken care of, rather than pay for your health care. Afterall, that is what the insurance companies do, they gamble that you will be healthy, and they make billions at it.

There would be some regional and seasonal differences but;

Shelter, because you will die of exposure before you die of thirst, at least in the winter around here. thsi is probably the biggest of the regional seasonal differences. But if you are in the bush in Alaska it is without a doubt number 1.

Water, because you will die of dehydration before you will die of hunger.

Food, two or three weeks with no food and things start getting tough.

Without the above nothing else matters.

Running water? it doesn't have to be running water. It needs to be clean water or at least the ability to boil it.

Health care? Personally I have gone years without going to the doctor. I am 58 and in the last decade I have seen the doctor 5 or 6 times. At least 3 of those were just checkups. So for me health care is a low priority. People with health issues this goes up on the list.

Electricity, it make life easier but I have lived without it.

Television, life would probably be better without it. I didn't have it until I got married and had kids. Back then I read more and I know for a fact it is better to be well read than to be well informed on what is happening in Hollywood.

Latest posts