Poll: Priorities

Help Support CattleToday:

Poll: Priorities

• Food, Shelter, Clothing, Health Care, Running Water, Electricity, Phone, Television

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Health Care, Food, Shelter, Clothing, Running Water, Electricity, Phone, Television

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Food, Health Care, Shelter, Clothing, Running Water, Electricity, Phone, Television

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Shelter, Health Care, Food, Clothing, Running Water, Electricity, Phone, Television

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clothing, Health Care, Food, Shelter, Running Water, Electricity, Phone, Television

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Described in a post reply.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
1982vett":gdn4xet3 said:
jw":gdn4xet3 said:
Can wimmen be added to the list. They could help me feel better!!

That road runs both ways. They can also make you feel worse. :p

That is a heck of a good point. Is there a difference in mental or physical health for a single person relative to a non-single person?

RD-Sam":2jy0zziy said:
If I had to pay for something, I would rather pay for food, water, shelter and electricity. I would just rather take my chances on you ending up healthy if taken care of, rather than pay for your health care. Afterall, that is what the insurance companies do, they gamble that you will be healthy, and they make billions at it.

I would say we think allot alike. Theoretically, the difference of health care costs and health insurance costs is health insurance company profit, the income taxes associated with the profit, and all the company's overhead such as capitalization costs (if public, add a market multiple). Many people think the only difference between the two are profit and taxes on the profit. This is far from the truth.

Dave":1npuxilu said:
There would be some regional and seasonal differences but;

Shelter, because you will die of exposure before you die of thirst, at least in the winter around here. thsi is probably the biggest of the regional seasonal differences. But if you are in the bush in Alaska it is without a doubt number 1.

Water, because you will die of dehydration before you will die of hunger.

Food, two or three weeks with no food and things start getting tough.

Without the above nothing else matters.

Running water? it doesn't have to be running water. It needs to be clean water or at least the ability to boil it.

Health care? Personally I have gone years without going to the doctor. I am 58 and in the last decade I have seen the doctor 5 or 6 times. At least 3 of those were just checkups. So for me health care is a low priority. People with health issues this goes up on the list.

Electricity, it make life easier but I have lived without it.

Television, life would probably be better without it. I didn't have it until I got married and had kids. Back then I read more and I know for a fact it is better to be well read than to be well informed on what is happening in Hollywood.

The post shows your wisdom. Thanks for contributing.