Poll Is History Repeating

Help Support CattleToday:

AMEN Cross and Caustic very well said!! The Mrs. and I were just talking about this situation. As a veteran of 8 years service in the US Army and from a long family history of veterans; WWI grandpa, WWII dad, 3 brothers went to Vietnam and my service which was after Nam and I was lucky enough to not see action. However, playing on the wisdom of my father, the first and foremost strength that we will need as Christians is to trust in the Lord. Along with this, all Christian religions need to put their differences aside and unite. We all have the same basic belief and that is our Lord God and His son Jesus that died to save us from our sins. With this as our common link, provided we are willing to listen, to the Lord's messages we do stand a chance to repair our country standing side by side as brothers and fellow Americans. This was just a thought and a belief as these are the roots of what this country was founded on. Have a wonderful day fellow patriots.
:tiphat: :tiphat:

john s":35gbcpth said:
AMEN Cross and Caustic very well said!! The Mrs. and I were just talking about this situation. As a veteran of 8 years service in the US Army and from a long family history of veterans; WWI grandpa, WWII dad, 3 brothers went to Vietnam and my service which was after Nam and I was lucky enough to not see action. However, playing on the wisdom of my father, the first and foremost strength that we will need as Christians is to trust in the Lord. Along with this, all Christian religions need to put their differences aside and unite. We all have the same basic belief and that is our Lord God and His son Jesus that died to save us from our sins. With this as our common link, provided we are willing to listen, to the Lord's messages we do stand a chance to repair our country standing side by side as brothers and fellow Americans. This was just a thought and a belief as these are the roots of what this country was founded on. Have a wonderful day fellow patriots.

I agree with you but I also know it will never happen as long as you ahve new churches going up on every corner and names for them are getting scarce.

john s":10nbqvg0 said:
the first and foremost strength that we will need as Christians is to trust in the Lord. Along with this, all Christian religions need to put their differences aside and unite. We all have the same basic belief and that is our Lord God and His son Jesus that died to save us from our sins. With this as our common link, provided we are willing to listen, to the Lord's messages we do stand a chance to repair our country standing side by side as brothers and fellow Americans. This was just a thought and a belief as these are the roots of what this country was founded on. Have a wonderful day fellow patriots.
If this country is going to be repaired it must be by divine intervention. It is too far gone for man to repair it.
When I say Divine Intervention I am not speaking of denominational religions.

Ryder":it7ma838 said:
john s":it7ma838 said:
the first and foremost strength that we will need as Christians is to trust in the Lord. Along with this, all Christian religions need to put their differences aside and unite. We all have the same basic belief and that is our Lord God and His son Jesus that died to save us from our sins. With this as our common link, provided we are willing to listen, to the Lord's messages we do stand a chance to repair our country standing side by side as brothers and fellow Americans. This was just a thought and a belief as these are the roots of what this country was founded on. Have a wonderful day fellow patriots.
If this country is going to be repaired it must be by divine intervention. It is too far gone for man to repair it.
When I say Divine Intervention I am not speaking of denominational religions.

As Chippe posted on another thread the five main causes leading to the Civil War.

1. Economic and social differences between the North and the South.
2. States versus federal rights.
3. The fight between Slave and Non-Slave State Proponents.
4. Growth of the Abolition Movement.
5. The election of Abraham Lincoln.

Today IMO
1&2 are still in play. 1 is a little different as it is Center South versus North East and West
3 is about the 1st,2nd 4th and 5th Addmendment today. IMO again
4 The Growth of the Progressive movment in America this is a host of sin's, Prolife versus Pro Choice, Nanny State versus Independent responsilbilty are to just name a few.
5 The election of BO drove the divede even farther apart.

Again there are a lot of simularities in the event's that are splitting the country.

Saint Matthew
Chapter 26
51. And behold, one of those with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, and smiting the bondman of the high priest took off his ear.
52. Then saith Jesus to him, Return thy sword to its place; for all who take the sword shall perish by the sword.

cross_7":ru8gfatv said:
Caustic Burno":ru8gfatv said:
IABeef":ru8gfatv said:
I am free! And I have met many people who have fled TO this country for it's freedoms!

I am free to come and go as I please, free to complain on this website without fear of reprisal, free to send my children, male or female to the school of their choice, free to worship as I please, free to vote...

No, I wouldn't flee, but the point is, ARMED revolution is now MUCH more dangerous than it was in the days of muskets! I wouldnt want to join the type of anarchy that played out in the streets of London recently, but persue a peasefull path, as the civil rights leaders did- it can stil effect a change, especially within a democratic system of government.

Your are not free, we are being taxed without representation, we own nothing we rent it from the government.
If you don't believe that quit paying your property taxes and find out who really own's your place. We have government agencies passing regulation's (hidden tax) with no representation. The IRS is out of control acting as an arm of a dictatorship that is now thumbing their noses at Congress. Our conversation's are now being recorded by our own government as well as operating drones to spy on US citizen's. Try to figure out what we are not taxed on to pay the emperior. For the first 140 year's our citizen's didn't pay a direct tax and where tax free except in the event of war.

"And the forehorse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression." Thomas Jefferson.

As far as confrontation goes standing in line 50 yard's apart with a musket was a great way to fight. Dead is dead.
You are not free to worship as you please try practicing Christianity at your school. Other religous groups will not be infringed but Christian's will. You are not free to come an go as you please as the recent event's in Boston proved. They put the city in lock down a prison term looking for one armed teenage kid. The people complied as the government hid under the guises of public safety. If that was the case every city in the country should be in continuous lock down. As far as the vote goes I am not sure it even count's anymore.

History shows us that as free nations become complacent, they become vulnerable to manipulation. Most dictatorships rise gradually -- a step at a time. Smooth talking politicians make each incremental step seem reasonable, because the masses are blind to the tides of change. The wisdom of Wendell Phillips fades away: "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

Can I get an amen !!!

AMEN!

IABeef":2nxfn7xb said:
I am free! And I have met many people who have fled TO this country for it's freedoms!

I am free to come and go as I please, free to complain on this website without fear of reprisal, free to send my children, male or female to the school of their choice, free to worship as I please, free to vote...

No, I wouldn't flee, but the point is, ARMED revolution is now MUCH more dangerous than it was in the days of muskets! I wouldnt want to join the type of anarchy that played out in the streets of London recently, but persue a peasefull path, as the civil rights leaders did- it can stil effect a change, especially within a democratic system of government.
I call that being a pacifist.
There's times to talk and times to fight. The talking isn't getting us anywhere.

I will be watching the news for a few shots being fired from your neck of the woods!!!

We'll see if you really put your money where your mouth is (or your gun where your typing fingers are)!!!

:compute:

hooknline":3hdxs7v6 said:
IABeef":3hdxs7v6 said:

There's times to talk and times to fight. The talking isn't getting us anywhere.
It's not pacifism--it's appeasement from a standpoint of isolation--from a bubble. "It doesn't affect me directly or adversely, therefore it doesn't (in my mind) exist".
Been tried for centuries by both individuals and nations and it never ever ever works. Not then--not today--not tomorrow, but those of that mindset will continue to pull those ever decreasing concentrics ever closer to them until they finally reach their front door, but in many cases, the cicles of isolationism will have to breach that door as well before anyone awakens from that faulty and futile ideal.

Their "battlecry" is always "you first". Not surprising at all.

greybeard":1hzw4ln6 said:
hooknline":1hzw4ln6 said:
IABeef":1hzw4ln6 said:

It's not pacifism--it's appeasement from a standpoint of isolation--from a bubble. "It doesn't affect me directly or adversely, therefore it doesn't (in my mind) exist".
Been tried for centuries by both individuals and nations and it never ever ever works. Not then--not today--not tomorrow, but those of that mindset will continue to pull those ever decreasing concentrics ever closer to them until they finally reach their front door, but in many cases, the cicles of isolationism will have to breach that door as well before anyone awakens from that faulty and futile ideal.

Their "battlecry" is always "you first". Not surprising at all.
What is the battle about again? :???:

IABeef":33j6zc6q said:
If an armed revolution starts here, it may be safer to move somewhere without nukes- like Iraq- to escape the violence!

You wouldn't last a hour on the streets of IRAQ today..... :lol: :lol:

greybeard":dtc5qj28 said:
Now the libs label almost all gun owners as potential terrorists and look down on us as some sort of traitorish trash.

You made me smile. I'm considered a liberal and I own numerous guns and can hit my target with my personal stock of ammo. Not all liberals are unable to protect themselves. It's not exclusive to the other side my friend.

Ever read "None dare call it conspiracy?" Wonderful piece of fiction. :compute:

Gimpy, do you know a guy named terry singleton by any chance? Goes by the name TSS.