Poll Is History Repeating

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
This poll was taken May 2, 2013
Nearly one-third of Americans say an armed revolution might need to occur in the next few years to prevent an escalating war against constitutional liberties, a new study finds.

Fairleigh Dickinson University's PublicMind surveyed 863 US residents randomly in late April and found that 29 percent of those polled believe a revolution isn't just imminent but imperative.

According to the study, 29 percent of Americans agree that "an armed revolution might be necessary in order to protect our liberties" during the next few years. Forty-seven percent said they disagreed with the statement entirely, with one-fifth of the sample saying they weren't sure how to answer.

Irony is the first one was started by 30 percent of the population in 1763 and lead up to the signing of a document on July 4 th 1776 known as the Declaration of Independence.

If an armed revolution starts here, it may be safer to move somewhere without nukes- like Iraq- to escape the violence!

In 1763 to 1776 the population was 20% loyalist to the crown, we ran them out of the colonies to Fla and Canada.
Fifty percent were Dutch and German settler's that wanted no part of the squabble the remaining 30% believed that revolution was the only way to liberty. Once the ruckus started there was no nuetral ground had to get on one side or the other.
Just a lot of simularities in the numbers of then and now.

Caustic Burno":2pgu5zam said:
In 1763 to 1776 the population was 20% loyalist to the crown, we ran them out of the colonies to Fla and Canada.
Fifty percent were Dutch and German settler's that wanted no part of the squabble the remaining 30% believed that revolution was the only way to liberty. Once the ruckus started there was no nuetral ground had to get on one side or the other.
Just a lot of simularities in the numbers of then and now.

http://thelibertypaper.org/2013/07/02/o ... h-of-july/

greybeard":2ge3ev4l said:
Only 1/3?
I thought it would be much higher.

You want the guys in the black suits to come pay you visit
Some things are best not stated in a public forum

Yeah, I locked the door when I was canning corn and tomatoes a few weeks ago too. That 10psi in my pressure cooker was a dead giveaway.

Things sure have changed tho..
Remember back when all the libs were openly supportive and giddy about the Berkley types and the feds labeled em all as "Left wing radical militants intent on subversive overthrowal of the United States Government in a violent means for their own benefit"?
Now the libs label almost all gun owners as potential terrorists and look down on us as some sort of traitorish trash.

greybeard":3fb06w3b said:
Yeah, I locked the door when I was canning corn and tomatoes a few weeks ago too. That 10psi in my pressure cooker was a dead giveaway.

Things sure have changed tho..
Remember back when all the libs were openly supportive and giddy about the Berkley types and the feds labeled em all as "Left wing radical militants intent on subversive overthrowal of the United States Government in a violent means for their own benefit"?
Now the libs label almost all gun owners as potential terrorists and look down on us as some sort of traitorish trash.

They are the weak, lazy, consumers that produce or contribute nothing towards society.
They hide behind the laws that they lobbied for to protect them from the hard working people that they steal from because they are too lazy and weak to go out into the world and earn it.
All this new agenda, this anti-American BS is just that BS being sold to the public as peace and love and our fore fathers that build this nation were just terrorist, makes me sick to my stomach
It's being sold to the public as peace and love, help the helpless, outlaw guns to protect the people and etc, but it just a ploy to disarm the people and without a way to defend yourself you can be controlled
That's what people want.
They want to sit on their asses and do nothing and have the government to provide everything for them
They have this vision of free phones, free food, free health care, free housing , free everything without a thought of who is going to produce this, someone has to work and produce these things
Dregs of society
As Forest would say, that's about all I have to say about that

IABeef":1zrsaja9 said:
If an armed revolution starts here, it may be safer to move somewhere without nukes- like Iraq- to escape the violence!

So what you're really saying is rather than fighting to restore your freedom, you would rather run.

Cal

I am free! And I have met many people who have fled TO this country for it's freedoms!

I am free to come and go as I please, free to complain on this website without fear of reprisal, free to send my children, male or female to the school of their choice, free to worship as I please, free to vote...

No, I wouldn't flee, but the point is, ARMED revolution is now MUCH more dangerous than it was in the days of muskets! I wouldnt want to join the type of anarchy that played out in the streets of London recently, but persue a peasefull path, as the civil rights leaders did- it can stil effect a change, especially within a democratic system of government.

IABeef":fh7sx4hx said:
I am free! And I have met many people who have fled TO this country for it's freedoms!

I am free to come and go as I please, free to complain on this website without fear of reprisal, free to send my children, male or female to the school of their choice, free to worship as I please, free to vote...

No, I wouldn't flee, but the point is, ARMED revolution is now MUCH more dangerous than it was in the days of muskets! I wouldnt want to join the type of anarchy that played out in the streets of London recently, but persue a peasefull path, as the civil rights leaders did- it can stil effect a change, especially within a democratic system of government.

Your are not free, we are being taxed without representation, we own nothing we rent it from the government.
If you don't believe that quit paying your property taxes and find out who really own's your place. We have government agencies passing regulation's (hidden tax) with no representation. The IRS is out of control acting as an arm of a dictatorship that is now thumbing their noses at Congress. Our conversation's are now being recorded by our own government as well as operating drones to spy on US citizen's. Try to figure out what we are not taxed on to pay the emperior. For the first 140 year's our citizen's didn't pay a direct tax and where tax free except in the event of war.

"And the forehorse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression." Thomas Jefferson.

As far as confrontation goes standing in line 50 yard's apart with a musket was a great way to fight. Dead is dead.
You are not free to worship as you please try practicing Christianity at your school. Other religous groups will not be infringed but Christian's will. You are not free to come an go as you please as the recent event's in Boston proved. They put the city in lock down a prison term looking for one armed teenage kid. The people complied as the government hid under the guises of public safety. If that was the case every city in the country should be in continuous lock down. As far as the vote goes I am not sure it even count's anymore.

History shows us that as free nations become complacent, they become vulnerable to manipulation. Most dictatorships rise gradually -- a step at a time. Smooth talking politicians make each incremental step seem reasonable, because the masses are blind to the tides of change. The wisdom of Wendell Phillips fades away: "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

Why do I fear revolution?
Because there is to many little brown people running around just waiting for a chance to make this a state of Jihad, and a big brown one that would help them win.

Caustic Burno":1ewdrvds said:
IABeef":1ewdrvds said:

Your are not free, we are being taxed without representation, we own nothing we rent it from the government.
If you don't believe that quit paying your property taxes and find out who really own's your place. We have government agencies passing regulation's (hidden tax) with no representation. The IRS is out of control acting as an arm of a dictatorship that is now thumbing their noses at Congress. Our conversation's are now being recorded by our own government as well as operating drones to spy on US citizen's. Try to figure out what we are not taxed on to pay the emperior. For the first 140 year's our citizen's didn't pay a direct tax and where tax free except in the event of war.

"And the forehorse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression." Thomas Jefferson.

As far as confrontation goes standing in line 50 yard's apart with a musket was a great way to fight. Dead is dead.
You are not free to worship as you please try practicing Christianity at your school. Other religous groups will not be infringed but Christian's will. You are not free to come an go as you please as the recent event's in Boston proved. They put the city in lock down a prison term looking for one armed teenage kid. The people complied as the government hid under the guises of public safety. If that was the case every city in the country should be in continuous lock down. As far as the vote goes I am not sure it even count's anymore.

History shows us that as free nations become complacent, they become vulnerable to manipulation. Most dictatorships rise gradually -- a step at a time. Smooth talking politicians make each incremental step seem reasonable, because the masses are blind to the tides of change. The wisdom of Wendell Phillips fades away: "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

Can I get an amen !!!

cross_7":29wj5kjh said:
Caustic Burno":29wj5kjh said:
IABeef":29wj5kjh said:

Can I get an amen !!!
Amen Brother!!!

This thread calls to mind the happenings in Egypt. I'm not crazxy about the islamic state that arose, but it was elected by the people and to have the military in the guise of doing what the people want throwing out the duly elected (and maybe crookedly) president goes against the grain. Syria is a mess but at least it's not the military trying to overthrow the government.
Freedoms isn;t free but neither is cowardice!

This nation is drifted far from the free nation it was. The problem is the younger generation has not experienced true freedom as it once was. We have moved to cheating, lieing, crooked power hunger mongrels running (and ruining) our country who don't give a dam about anything but greed.
If it comes down to the nut cutting even at my age I would serve my country as I have in the past.
I would NOT run to another country.
I don't think Snake would want me up there in Canada anyhow. :lol2:

Cal

Caustic Burno":wqnzbeok said:

Can't blame anyone but ourselves. Who was it that posted the deal about insanity being "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"?? We keep sending the same people or type of people to Washington and you see what we get. Washington doesn't really change them. They are corrupt before the get their. They just haven't had too many opportunities to advertise it until they get elected and re-elected and re-elected and re-elected.