Poll how many computers do you have in you home?

Help Support CattleToday:

How many Internet accessible devices in your home?

Votes: 15 25.4%

Votes: 11 18.6%

Votes: 12 20.3%

Votes: 4 6.8%

Votes: 9 15.3%

Votes: 4 6.8%

Votes: 3 5.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 11 I'm or insane or a hoarder.

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Alan

Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago when I wanted to watch a different T.V. Channel I had to get up and walk to the T.V. and turn a knob to change one of the 4 or 5 channels we got.

Just curious to how many computers folks have in the home, by computer I mean anything with Internet access. As a point I think my wife and I are a bit over board, we each have our desk top, I have an Ipad, she has an Ipod and we have a laptop for travel. So for two of us we seem to need 5 Internet capable computers (I realize I can't run a lot of programs such as spread sheets and quicken on an Ipad, but it counts as a computer in this poll.)

How many do you have in your home, anything with Internet access?

No counting Wii, Xbox or Playstations..... opps :oops:

ALACOWMAN":21sc5j2k said:
0 none, i didnt even have a cell phone till last fathers day.. my son bought it to keep from running me down when he needed me
Ala how can you have 0 none, what are you writing on to get on CT?

There are 8 things in our house that can get the internet, 1 desktop, 2 laptops, 1 Wii, 4 cell phones, not to uncommon in this day and age as far as I can see.

crapp crissey you would bring up the game systems lolol.we have a PS3 an XBOX360 plus 2 cell phs.but only 1 gets online.

When we are all here that would be 2 laptops, 2 iPhones, and the xbox360. :shock:

Well, i didn't think about Xboxes, Wii's and Playstations, since we have all three but don't use then for internet access..... please don't count them. :oops:

Also, I'm sorry Alacowman I didn't include the zero on the poll, I was assuming everyone was online at home these days...... and no I wasn't going to say out of the cave these's days. :lol:

We have two desktops, one Wii and my iPhone. We are wireless so that iPad may be any day now and my wife is due for an phone upgrade, so she's been toying with the iPhone idea, too.

Too many. Reading this thread, it reminds me that I have more than what I considered during my vote. We don't even try to access the internet with some devices that can access.

Then there is the work items. On my duty weeks it can be up to 5 more. Usually just 3 more.

I have the desktop in front of me. I can't see well enough for an Iphone. I'll buy a laptop in the next year so I can sit in the recliner and post to CT.
I also have 3 obsolete computers which were functional when I replaced them.

The one I'm sitting in front of is about the only real connection to the real world that we have... I have a cell phone but I treat it like a house phone as in if I walk away from it you won't reach me. We don't have a tv and I don't allow 90% of video games in my home... Pretty much the only time we're connected to anything outside of the home is the hour or so that I'm on here in the afternoons and an occasional carefully chosen selection on netflix.

The PC I'm using now at home. I forgot I can access the web on my cellphone, but I don't. It cost extra. The cell phone is used as a phone. It's a simple basic kinda deal. No video games, none of that kind of thing here in this house. The TV isn't set up for internet either. Just the basic satellite package, cheapest one they got. Don't even get local channels it costs extra.

I guess you could say we're boring and no fun at all.

Katherine

One desktop, one laptop and two phones. We never use the phones for internet access but I voted 4 anyway since we could if we wanted to.

If you have kids in school, you need a computer these days. I can't see a need for TV when you have the internet. We have been without TV for 5 years, and our family really doesn't miss it. I've had internet service for 3 1/2 years now, and I'am still amazed by it. Now we have one desktop, three laptops, and two smart phones with hot spots.

Workinonit Farm":3o5mqi89 said:
The PC I'm using now at home. I forgot I can access the web on my cellphone, but I don't. It cost extra. The cell phone is used as a phone. It's a simple basic kinda deal. No video games, none of that kind of thing here in this house. The TV isn't set up for internet either. Just the basic satellite package, cheapest one they got. Don't even get local channels it costs extra.

I guess you could say we're boring and no fun at all.

Katherine
then youd faint if you seen my internet an dish bill lolol.

cow pollinater":1kn727oz said:
The one I'm sitting in front of is about the only real connection to the real world that we have... I have a cell phone but I treat it like a house phone as in if I walk away from it you won't reach me. We don't have a tv and I don't allow 90% of video games in my home... Pretty much the only time we're connected to anything outside of the home is the hour or so that I'm on here in the afternoons and an occasional carefully chosen selection on netflix.

What CP said on everything except netflix. Haven't tried that yet

Computers.... 2 set up and used + (3 collecting dust in a closet somewhere)
Cellphones.... 1 used + (2 in a drawer somewhere)
TV's............. 1 with access + (1without access and 1 collecting dust)
DVD Player ... 1 with access
voted 6