Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Raw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like eggs

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Alan

Reaction score
Had breakfast for dinner last night fried eggs over easy, ham with hash browns and wheat toast and a glass of "chocolate" milk. My wife won't eat over easy eggs has to be fried in grease not oil and over hard, scrambled is a distant second choice.

How do you like your eggs... just for fun. If I set this up right you can vote for 2 choices.

Alan

Any way but raw. In my younger days I used to take a raw egg in my beer but those days are long past

When I was way younger, Sometimes I use to get my eggs cracked and then scrambled in the cast iron skillet with the remaining grease that cooked the sausage. Seems like it may have been a hybrid between a fried and scrambled egg. I sure wish Grandmother was here to make them again.

Thanks for the memory.

Any way that you put them in front of me. I'm like eggs like Bubba was about shrimp. You can make everything with eggs in it if you try hard enough.

I like hardboils but they have to be slightly warm. After they have been in the fridge, I don't like them anymore. Omlettes are too big for me to eat. I also like to put pancake batter in scambled eggs. Just a little dollop. Makes they super fluffy. Like IHOP. We eat eggs more at supper than we do at breakfast. Scrambled eggs and pancakes. I can always draw a crowd when I make that.

We send the grand kids out to stick their hands under a few hens and bring in breakfast. They stop by the freezers for some Berkshire bacon and by the time they get back to the house Grandma has the Yukon golds ready to go (grand kids dug these too), this time of year some chopped zuchini goes real well in the spuds. The little gals take turns toasting Grandma's bread and they get the huckleberry and blueberry jams that I made out of the pantry and breakfast is ready.
Oh Yeah..Susie is watching my health so I get poached eggs these days, still have nice deep orange runny yokes that I love.
And that's what we have for breakfast on Sunday mornings on our farm. Dave Mc

aussie_cowgirl":z1jg6ovb said:
3waycross":z1jg6ovb said:
In a Fritatta.........Italian Omlet.

Is that like spanish tortilla?

no. it's an open face omelt that is finished in the oven. Google it and you might see some pictures they are VERY good

aussie_cowgirl":az4pv55m said:
They look really good. You could put all sorts of things in that.

That's exactly what we do, but always in the summer the base is summer squash, and other veges. Sometimes with a little meat but usually not.

In the winter we wil make it with spaghetti as the base.

aussie_cowgirl":3vmkqfor said:
Nothing like versatility. I'm going to have to try and make one now. You've created a monster :lol2:

When you make one throw a pinch of baking powder in your eggs and they will rise a bit for you. Good luck.

Latest posts